I want to give it a go........But!!

Guest Nellie2

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest whizwrinkly

Well, now that you have your domain thingy :P , do what you like with it.

Don't forget that you are the only one who will see it until you go public, so it doesn't matter what it looks like. Just keep experimenting. The more mistakes you make, the more you will learn.

Lets have a look at your domain thingy :P in a month or so.

Good luck,

Whiz......

Guest Nellie2
think of your content

I've thought about that......... I think I will just let my brain run away with me and write a lot more of the rubbish you have been seeing here over the last couple of months :)

Just the stupid sort of stuff that rattles about in my head!!!!!

Guest Shirley_Crabtree
Your site's great Madboy

I agree,I like the simple yet ergonomic layout.

Oh and Tony,I don't know if you're aware but Blueyonder provide us lucky people with some basic tools and they are very easy to use. :)

A hit-counter and basic discussion forum being two of them:)

http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/web/zisp/index.shtml

Regards

Shirl.

PS

(on the other hand, perhaps we may not all get along together if we met in person)

Nah I'm sure we'd all get on fine once the amber nectar starts flowing ;)

Edit..Edited 30 seconds after originally posted :rolleyes:

Guest Nellie2

I have spent the last couple of days playing around with Front Page, it has done all the hard work for me I think. But it has been a learning curve because I have never used it before so I am teaching myself as I go along. I have just spent the last two hours figuring out how to put some text next to a picture! :huh: Anyway, here is my first effort.

http://gwynneb.netfirms.com/

It is by no means finished, this is going to keep me busy for ages. But I would be grateful for some feedback. Especially if anyone is on a dial up connection, I am worried about the size of the pictures......are they taking ages to load, do I need to make them a bit smaller? Anything else??

Guest Mundy

Wow Nellie2, looks very impressive to me (I've not got a clue about these things but following this thread with great interest). Must say I like these clean and bright websites rather than the dark ones with a mass of colours which are in your face. I often wonder whether they decorate their homes in the same way. :lol:

Guest whizwrinkly

Well Nellie, what can I say?

You made your domain thingy :P public already.

Great stuff in such a short time. You will get hooked on it now, like I did.

Well done, great first effort. :)

Whiz...

Guest Nellie2

Thanks for the positive comments everyone......it certainly kept me busy this weekend I can tell you. Especially seeing as I had never used front page before!!

Whiz.....I think you may be right......about being hooked that is.....gives me something to fiddle with in my quieter moments anyway.

Madboy......thanks for the info about thumbnails.....the ones on the main photo page are thumbnails I think, if you click on them they will take you to a bigger picture....me all on one page!!!! May be too much for anyone first thing in the morning though!! :P I don't think I have quite got the hang of inserting them though as the method I was using seemed a bit *beep*eyed, I'll have a go at your way when I do another one. Love the Elvis outfit by the way!!

Pete....thanks, I think your site says an awful lot more than mine does at the mo, and like I said, Front Page did all the difficult stuff. Once I am happy with this sort of layout and have understood the basics I am going to try to get away from the theme that I am using and even have a go at HTML and notepad.......now that will be interesting!!!

Yes please do keep an eye on it and if anything looks like it is going drastically wrong then let me know............thanks once again

ps........aren't I clever!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh crumbs.......I have just read over this post and I have been beeped!!! Will I ever live it down

Guest Nellie2

I wanted to add some links from my site to some of my favourite places on the internet.......this being one of them of course!!!

Does it infringe copywrite if I copy logos to put on my site??? :unsure: