I want to give it a go........But!!

Guest Nellie2

So you are saying that it isn't a good idea to copy a logo to put on my page to use as a clickable link????

Its ok so long as the logo IS a link and not part of the design of your web page. :D

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nellie2

How can you tell how big your website is?? I have a 25mb limit.....so how do I know that I am not going to go over this limit????

Sorry if this seems a daft question :)

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

Check the website of the webspace provider.

They sometimes have a graph type thing that shows your webspace and how much you've used.

This is what Blueyonder provide for example :- http://www.shirleycrabtree.pwp.blueyonder....uk/selfcare.jpg

Regards.

Shirl.

Edited about 27 times and still bloody not showing right.There's a bug messing up the .co.uk bit!!

Guest whizwrinkly

Nellie,

I wouldn't start worrying about running out of space yet, maybe in about a year's time. I am up to page 90 so far, and I am just past the 20mb mark. I have quite a few graphics on the site which take up space, but I dont think I will ever reach my 100mb allocation.

As the others have said, most web hosts have a link somewhere to take you to your site statistics. ;)

Cheers, Whiz...

Well, at my littlesocks.co.uk domain I have 6 websites (heck knows how many pages that is!) and I've used 24.80 MB (49%) of my 50MB limit.

Starsandmoon.net, I just have the one site - my personal one with my blog (so I have greymatter installed with CGI & my wavs etc!) and I've used 65% of my 50MB limit there (32.54MB) I think I need a bit of a cleanout there, cos I think I still have some old forum stuff hiding away in a folder somewhere, cos that's taking up 16.06MB and 5mb for the database too.

I personally doubt that you'd need more than 50MB.

Guest Nellie2

found some web stats on the site but nothing to tell me how big it is yet....probably hiding that bit of info somewhere. But when I select properties for the folder where I have my page on my hard drive....... I'm not even up to 1mb yet, so........once again thanks for the info.

No doubt I will be back with another question soon enough!!

:)

Guest whizwrinkly

Madboy,

They must be 'beeping' big pages mate, cos I'm nowhere near that yet with my 90. :P in the www box in your details? You are a webmaster now, flaunt it. :D

Guest Nellie2
You are a webmaster now

Dunno about that!! Aprentice more like!

I think I have buggered up the site so I will post the URL in my details when I have figured out what went wrong. Will work on it tomorrow!!! ho hum :(

Guest Shirley_Crabtree
I think I have buggered up the site so I will post the URL in my details when I have figured out what went wrong.  Will work on it tomorrow!!! ho hum    :(

Hi Nellie, your website seems to be working fine at the moment for me! :D

Regards.

Shirl.

Guest Nellie2

Now that is weird!!!!! I had lost all my links earlier.....you know, to photo's and fav's etc..............

I think I'll have another bacardi and post the URL in my details then.......I'll still have a look at it tomorrow though.

:blink:

Guest Nellie2

Oooooh this is so frustrating......I've done something but I don't know what. I can't upload to my site........I keep getting internal server error 500 message up on blinking Front Page upload doo dah!!!!!

beep beep beep.......... :angry:

There, I beeped myself to save Craig the bother!!!!!!

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

Hi Nellie,

If you haven't altered anything in your set-up it might just mean that the server is down.

Try a little later.

Regards.

Shirl.

*Updated* I've just uploaded to netfirms with no problem so maybe you have had a fiddle. <_<

Guest Nellie2

well I will.........but I think it might be me........I have a vague memory of fiddling with it last night......but I don't know what I did now.

Big sigh!!! :(

Guest Nellie2

I did that Prince and it still didn't work so I emailed netfirms in the end.....they seem to think something has got corrupted thier end so have asked for permission to remove everything to enable me to re-upload the site....watch this space!!!! :)

Guest Nellie2

Thought you might like an update....netfirms rubbed everything out for me and I managed to reupload the site no problem. Everything is hunky dory. I sent the nice man at netfirms.....who's name is Trevor by the way.......a thank you email because they were really prompt and helpful, and Trevor sent me an email back saying thanks for the thank you........isn't that nice!!!