I want to give it a go........But!!

Guest Nellie2

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nellie2

Can anyone recomend a book on Front Page? I have the version that goes with office 2000. I have messed about with it and put a web of sorts up but I think I should learn to use it properly. I've just got back from looking around Borders and there are quite a few books there but I couldn't make my mind up. So if anyone has trawled through one and found it good I would like to know about it!! Ta in advance! :)

I have to agree with Ravin.......Ive just spent £35 on a book for Dreamweaver MX with over 1200 pages..........u know how may times ive picked it up to read it??.....................................NONE!

Like ravin says, im just experimenting....finding out what everything does...Using plenty of saves tho!!! :lol:

:o £35!

y not use the local library ? ;) and probably have a wider selection too.......

is it right when they say that the more you save any document the bigger its size ? so its better to use the "save as" option once your done to get a smaller file size ???

never tried any of this so was wondering if anyone else had noticed ...

Guest Nellie2
is it right when they say that the more you save any document the bigger its size ? so its better to use the "save as" option once your done to get a smaller file size ???

ohh......now that is an interesting thought......anyone know about that??

As for the book.......I've been back to Borders today and got one. I have been messing about with Front Page for two weeks now.....trying this and that......I need some direction I think, so will work my way through it and see what I can discover.

Guest Nellie2

Ok.......I give up. Help!!!!

I was adding a bit to the site this afternoon. http://gwynneb.netfirms.com/

(put some naughty jokes on if you want to have a look ;) )

Anyway, something has gone wrong with my banner and links buttons!!!! I have been fiddling all afternoon trying this and that and re-publishing and it is driving me potty.

The links still work, and if you hover the mouse over them it tells you the title but you just see the black bit!

It looks ok on my hard drive....no errors in the report thing. Anyone know anything about Front Page ???

Guest Nellie2

Well like I said Prince.....every thing seems fine on the copy of the web that I have on my hard drive.....so nothing is missing that I know about!!!! Will have a proper look again tonight I think

How have you done the links???

are they templates from front page or have you created them yourself?

Have YOU put the text on top of the links?

Not to sure on frontpage at the Moment, but is there some kind of debugger, so you can check for problems.

If all else fails id delete the links and put new ones up, it shouldnt take that long to do ;)

Cheers

Damo

Wohooooo, id thought the word bugger would get beeped! :lol:

Guest Nellie2

Damo.......good to see you back you silly sausage!!!! :D :lol: I would have put that in your thread but you have closed it and I didn't really want to start another.......don't want to get on your bad side!!!! ;)

I hadn't thought about deleting the links as they seemed to be working ok but I will give it a go. If all else fails I might try loading a different theme see if that does anything. fun this eh!!!! :huh: