Google

Scarecrow Man

Google offers many services. As I've said before, "Google is going to take over the world."

That is why I (with a PM from Korgg :P ) decided to write a Google Review.

logo.gif

3 reasons to switch from your current search engine to google.

1. Google does not display pop-up ads.

2. Forum dedicated to users

3. Clean, Easy, and in your language. Google for Everyone

Google Services & Tools

Blogger

Downloads

Froogle

Google alerts

Google Answers

Google Browser Buttons

Google Catalogs

Google Desktop Search

Google Earth

Google Groups

Google Image Search

Google Labs

Google Local

Google in your Language

Google News

Google Scholar

Google Special Searches

Google Toolbar

Google Translate Tool

Google University Search

Google Web APIs

Google Web Directory

Google Web Search

Google Wireless

Picasa Photo Organizer

G-Mail

Google Mini - Search your companies Intranet

Google Web Search Features

Book Search

Cached Links

Calculator

Currency Conversion

Definitions

File Types

Froogle

I'm Feeling Lucky

Local Search

Movies

News Headlines

PhoneBook

Q&A

Results Prefetching

Search By Number

Similar Pages

Site Search

Spell Checker

Stock Quotes

Street Maps

Travel Conditions

Weather

Web Page Translation

Who links to you?

Google Search Help

Basics of Search

Interpreting Results

Customize Results

Advanced Search Tips

Google also offers Business Solutions

Ad-Sense

Ad-Words

Google Search Appliance, Google Mini, Google Desktop Search for Enterprise

Learn more about how to add WebSearch to your site

You can even Work for Google!

Google Labs

Google labs showcases a few of our favorite ideas that aren't quite ready for prime time. Your feedback can help us improve them. Please play with these prototypes and send your comments directly to the Googlers who developed them.

Personalize Your Homepage

Google Extensions for Firefox

Personalized Search

Google Video

Google Web Accelerator

My Search History

Google Ride Finder

Google Suggest

Site-Flavored Google Search Box

Froogle Wireless

Google Compute

Google Sets

I also found The Google File System | (PDF). An interesting paper on how google works.

As you can see, with all the services Google offers, it is hard not to notice them. I feel Google has changed the Internet and they way we find things we are looking for, and that is why I believe Google deserves 10/10.

Advanced Search Operators

These can be helpful for finding certain things on google, such as searching only neoplanet.co.uk

try this one on http://www.google.com

service pack site:support.microsoft.com

or click here

You can see Google has only searched support.microsoft.com for the word(s) service pack.

I also came across this which is another independant review of Google. It looks a bit old (2004) but should provide some good information.

This could be a bit of a worry for Google

http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/08/02/...ckertool_1.html

Would you want to try this ? Yahoo can make it too ....

I read some articles on the internet recently about IP cameras and how to access them... You simply look for a url string with google and get it... If the camera had no password for viewing them you could see something that you are not suposed to see.. And all this due to some lasy guys...

And I think it works with yahoo or any other search engine... Google is simply the most used and that's why it gets all the publicity :D ...

• 2 weeks later...

New google service: Google Talk

Watch out Y! Messenger :D ..

And a new one too: Picasa

A free software download from Google.

Picasa is software that helps you instantly find, edit and share all the pictures on your PC. Every time you open Picasa, it automatically locates all your pictures (even ones you forgot you had) and sorts them into visual albums organized by date with folder names you will recognize. You can drag and drop to arrange your albums and make labels to create new groups. Picasa makes sure your pictures are always organized.

And Hello free photo chat software.

Whatever you make of this :muha:

• 1 month later...

Google Print - http://print.google.com/

What is Google Print?

Google's mission is to organize the world's information, but much of that information isn't yet online. Google Print aims to get it there by putting book content where you can find it most easily – right in your Google search results.

How does Google Print work?

Just do a search on the Google Print homepage. When we find a book whose content contains a match for your search terms, we'll link to it in your search results. Click a book title and you'll see the page of the book that has your search terms, along with other information about the book and "Buy this Book" links to online bookstores (you can view the entirety of public domain books or, for books under copyright, just a few pages or in some cases, only the title’s bibliographic data and brief snippets). You can also search for more information within that specific book and find nearby libraries that have it.

Where do these books come from?

The book content in Google Print comes from two sources: publishers and libraries.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Google Help Center (like MS Knowledge Base for Google) :D

Example on Google Help: Google Tips

-----------------------------

Google Operators

site:, link:, related: etc...

Precision Searching :D

Suppose you want to contact someone and don't have his phone number handy. Google can help you with that, too. Just enter a name, city, and state. (The city is optional, but you must enter a state.) If a phone number matches the listing, you'll see it at the top of the search results along with a map link to the address. If you'd rather restrict your results, use rphonebook: for residential listings or bphonebook: for business listings.

US only... :(

Google Voice Search (BETA) That's right! Search google by calling them! Just say your query, and follow the instructions. Remember, this is BETA so it may not work properly every time.

• 4 weeks later...