SUPERAntispyware

andsome

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Interesting discussion. We should bear in mind that not all anti-malware/spyware utilities do the same thing, and none give 100% cover. It's a highly complex matter and I said this before on another thread but suggest you might find Gizmo's advice about "layered protection" very helpful:

www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm (the spaces should be an underline).

• 2 weeks later...
www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm (the spaces should be an underline).

It's very easy to insert a clickable link by using the 'Insert Link' button in the tools menu of the posting area:

No explanations needed, no copy and paste needed - it's just easy-to-use for everyone :flowers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I downloaded this program.

I ran scans with SpyBot S&D, Ad-Aware, A squared and Ewido. Only Ad-aware found anything (a couple of minor items which I let it delete.)

I then scanned with SUPERSpyware. It found four items in the registry and twenty one items in files, including a trojan. I let it clean them and ran the scan again. It gave me then the all clear.

I'm impressed! :)

I know this is an old post but I use a portable version of this product on occasion and it seems that each time I run a scan,it always comes up with 21 threats.They are all cookies,but what's up with the # 21?

I posted with this quote because I happened to notice the magic number was referred to.

Oh well.Movin' on....

I've long ago stopped using this program - and most other anti-malware software in favour of MSE.

Yes, MSE started off as being not very good but it has progressed enormously in the later versions. I'm expecting MSE to let me down sometime (every other anti-malware program has done) but, until then, I'm quite happy with it.

I've long ago stopped using this program - and most other anti-malware software in favour of MSE.

Yes, MSE started off as being not very good but it has progressed enormously in the later versions. I'm expecting MSE to let me down sometime (every other anti-malware program has done) but, until then, I'm quite happy with it.

I also trust in MSE.I use MBAM and SAS manually as an extra layer of protection.I have to say that MSE has identified the occasional threats that I've encountered before the others have.

As a matter of fact,I have submitted a couple of items to MBAM that MSE had found and quarantined.The next time I ran a scan with MBAM,it found the threat. :0

I agree,sooner or later,you always get let down. :blink: