Windows Update Problems

Tony

Hi All, long time no see.

This is a newly installed win XP Sp3 system with just Office XP and a couple of email programs installed, and all updates installed apart from the 11 i keep getting a fail on.

When i go to win update site or the auto updates it says that there are 11 updates for me, so i click the link to install them, the files do seem to down load, but then a box pops up telling me that none of them were installed, so i click the next button and it goes to a page telling me the same info but with a couple of links to follow KB etc..

I have done what the links have told me to do, renaming the C:windows/softwareDistribution folder to old and then letting win update rebuild it, also have cleared out the IE cache but still they will not install.

Second problem is i have just been back to England for a holiday and brought 3 web cams (Microsoft Life Cam), one for my laptop, one for my mothers laptop and one for this PC at home, and i need to install Windows Live Call for the video calls, now on the two laptops this was no problem (both Vista), but on this PC XP it downloads the files but fails on the install (the webcam software is working correctly and the cam is working as it should), now i think these two problems are linked, as in they both come from MS and i guess install in very similar ways.

Can anybody help with this.

Regards

Tony

Hi

Irine, thanks for the link, but it does not seem to help with the problem i am having :(

Andsome, yer it has been a while, i started up my own forum for English speakers living in Germany, and what with a new job that seees me working away form home Monday to Friday, my time is very limited.

Good to see that most of you are all still around.

Regards

Tony

Well thanks for all the advice, but welldone that Scarecrow Man, Dial-a-fix did the trick, also MSN installed correctly, so now the webcam is also set up.

Cheers

Tony

PS, Scarecrow Man i tried to send you a PM saying thanks, but you seen to have PM's switched off.