Oh the profligacy of the man

Belatucadrus

Having caught a guitar legends show on the boob tube I came over all generous with myself and purchased a CD, non of this download palaver for me, I want something I can hold for me dosh. Anyway back to the point of this rambling Dick Dale Mr Eliminator for £1.99. A bit dated maybe, but if twangy electric guitar is your bag I don't think there's a better way of blowing this little currency.

All I need now is the car, some sun and massed power failure to the legions of Gatsos.

My music collection is somewhat eclectic, running from Metallica to Benny Goodman via Daiko drummers, Yoiking and Borodin.

Lacking the following:- Boy bands of any description, Rap, R & B, Indian women singers ( sorry but I just don't get Lata Mangeshkar and her ilk ), Chinese Opera, Karl Heinz Stockhausen and Winners of so called "Talent Shows" with few exceptions talent is not the word I'd use.

I should however point out that I feel no loss at these gaps in my collection.

B)

I suppose I should give Stockhausen another try though.

My music collection is somewhat eclectic, running from Metallica to Benny Goodman via Daiko drummers, Yoiking and Borodin.

Lacking the following:- Boy bands of any description, Rap, R & B, Indian women singers ( sorry but I just don't get Lata Mangeshkar and her ilk ), Chinese Opera, Karl Heinz Stockhausen and Winners of so called "Talent Shows" with few exceptions talent is not the word I'd use.

I should however point out that I feel no loss at these gaps in my collection.

B)

I suppose I should give Stockhausen another try though.

I have the full 1938 Carnegie Hall concert on CD. Superb. :D :D

My tastes are quite wide, including Classics, especially anything after Baroque. Opera, Brass band, big band, traditional jazz, modern jazz, the popular ballad singers like Sinatra, Matt Munro, Birley Shassy, Lena Martelle etc etc etc, choral. I just cannot stand bumpy bumpy type pop, rapping and garage etc or whatever it's called. I hate to see kids strumming guitars, and doing an odd chord with the other hand, but a guitar can sound superb when played by a real musician. :D

usually past answering the 'phone when he gets home.

Karlheinz Stockhausen (22 August 1928 – 5 December 2007) is way way past answering the phone and if he turned up at the club I reckon he'd empty it pretty sharpish.

Nowt like having the dear departed turn up for a pogo to clear the dance floor, they lose bits and jeyes fluid as an aftershave to hide that whiff of embalming fluid doesn't really work.

Not really into baroque stuff, too twiddly and rather fond of it's own cleverness.

usually past answering the 'phone when he gets home.

Karlheinz Stockhausen (22 August 1928 – 5 December 2007) is way way past answering the phone and if he turned up at the club I reckon he'd empty it pretty sharpish.

Nowt like having the dear departed turn up for a pogo to clear the dance floor, they lose bits and jeyes fluid as an aftershave to hide that whiff of embalming fluid doesn't really work.

Not really into baroque stuff, too twiddly and rather fond of it's own cleverness.

That's why I'm not keen on it, I can enjoy just the odd one or two pieces. :D

but a guitar can sound superb when played by a real musician. :D

Care to give me some examples? I'm always wanting to enrich my musical experience... :D

BTW, do you remember some time ago you sent me 2 Mahler CDs? I have actually listened to them a few times... it's not my regular choice of music, but I certainly do appreciate and enjoy that kind of thing once in a while.

but a guitar can sound superb when played by a real musician. :D

Care to give me some examples? I'm always wanting to enrich my musical experience... :D

BTW, do you remember some time ago you sent me 2 Mahler CDs? I have actually listened to them a few times... it's not my regular choice of music, but I certainly do appreciate and enjoy that kind of thing once in a while.

Segovia

Julian Bream

Atephen Waechter

John Williams

A few to be going on with. :D :D

Thanks for the links andsome, some quality stuff there... beautifully smooth to the ear, may even end up buying some of the CDs when I'm back in the UK. :)

I hate to see kids strumming guitars, and doing an odd chord with the other hand, but a guitar can sound superb when played by a real musician. :D

Based on that... I'd be interested to hear your opinion of Dragonforce's Through the Fire and the Flames, though I'm sure it wouldn't be positive... :lol: (Even you can't deny they have talent on the guitar, though you probably don't like the style ;))

Thanks for the links andsome, some quality stuff there... beautifully smooth to the ear, may even end up buying some of the CDs when I'm back in the UK. :)

I hate to see kids strumming guitars, and doing an odd chord with the other hand, but a guitar can sound superb when played by a real musician. :D

Based on that... I'd be interested to hear your opinion of Dragonforce's Through the Fire and the Flames, though I'm sure it wouldn't be positive... :lol: (Even you can't deny they have talent on the guitar, though you probably don't like the style ;) )

Definitely not me preferred type of music, but he can certainly play the instrument. The keyboard player was also excellent. The drumming was monotonous though, not exactly Krupa standard. :D