What do you think?

ranger

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, catgate said:

It is now a month since this post was not answered. It does look as though no one has any sympathy for the lady in the black pudding shop (and her hamster).

Should it be elevated to an upper level?

In order to provide closure I have analysed this post closely, broken it down to BASIC and run it through a ZX81 after a few days processing it the machine has produced a definitive answer to the original question and all variables introduced since then. Here it is.

Yes, or No, perhaps Maybe also Flurb, Grurnut and Hroooop.

This answer is either very profound and likely to make me well up, or maybe my coding skills have atrophied catastrophically over the last few decades.

Nope it's just DEEEEEP man, I amaze myself.

Again.

The world gained a very sophisticated time wasting machine when the ZX80 and ZX81 were produced. I had one in the corner of my office on a small table, along with a miniscule TV set, and wasted hours trying to become proficient in the black art. Only to have to forget all about it when IBM brought out their offering of a "grown up" computer.

When I got the ZX81 I was already trained in Basic so ploughed ahead without reading the manual, I crashed and burned only later did I realise you couldn't actually type in any commands manually you had to use the preset keys on what may go down in history as the most bloody awful keyboard ever inflicted on mankind.

I think in many ways it's typical of Clive Sinclair, he had a brilliant ground breaking idea but really he jumped the gun and as with his calculators ( reverse polish logic anybody ), watches and electric trike couldn't bring himself to wait until the technology was ready for him. Brilliant, yes, inspirational definitely, practical not so much.

On 20 December 2009 at 11:09 AM, andsome said:

Personally I think that religion has caused more trouble and wars over the years than almost anything else. However, I would staunchly defend anyones right to follow whatever religion they wish to, as long as they don't ram it down the throat of anyone else. The woman concerned had perfectly good intentions, and did not push the point when the mother made her views known. I think the mother was reacting in a completely unnecessary way, and should be ashamed of herself for complaining..smile.gif

Fully agree with your statement andsome!

On 20/12/2009 at 11:09 AM, andsome said:

Personally I think that religion has caused more trouble and wars over the years than almost anything else.

It is not religion that starts the wars, it is its those driving it for their own benefits. Just like politics.

Sadly, in both, the scum always rises to the top.  It has done so since time immoral!!   Jam tomorrow if you do as you are told, head chopped off if you don't.

• 1 month later...

I agree with all statement made in this thread except the ones that are complete cobblers, my grandfather was a cobbler which is by the by. Oh well as I was saying I agree with everything that's been said especially in the rare occurrences when it's right. I am exempt from any self inflicted qualitative proscription largely on the grounds that my brain is the size of a planet and everything I say is a pearl of wisdom that should be meditated on for at least a week.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/07/2016 at 10:30 PM, catgate said:

It now turns out that due to the delay with this topic the old lady was so upset, by our ignoring her, that she put the black pudding in a cage and ate  the hamster.

I forgot to arsk if she enjoyed the Hamster and if so what’s the best way of serving them ?

18 minutes ago, andsome said:

This is all too clever for me,my brain hurts.

The cure is simple, copious volumes of cheap alcohol and after a while all will seem clear. The insane will seem normal, gibberish will suddenly make sense the fat bird from up the road with a face like  a baboons behind will suddenly glow with beauty ( ladies I'm reliably informed that this also works for the scrawny ugly bloke with a face like a dogs scrotum from over the street, but I've never drunk enough to test it ) .

It will not however explain Donald Trump or Jeremy Corbyn, apparently imbibing sufficient alcohol necessary to make both these numpties look reasonable is near impossible and invariably fatal.