Free AntiVirus Software list

Repeat of initial post, this time with all the links in.

avast

Avira

AVG

Microsoft Security Essentials

Rising

Comodo

PC Tools

Digital Defender

Panda Cloud

Kingsoft cloud

DriveSentry Desktop

Clamwin

SecureIT Free

EAV antivirus suite

Nano Beta

Preventon

Antivirus Docter

Zilya

Returnil

ZenOK

Additional security software

Immunet

Clam AV for windows

Threatfire

As stated before while these seem reputable I've only used avast!, AVG, Avira, PC Tools, Rising, MSE, Comodo & Panda Cloud. Therefore I pass no comment on how effective or good the others may be, use at your own discretion.

PS AntiVirus Doctor gets a red warning on WOT, but that's down to one unattributed post with no review or comment to justify it. SiteAdvisor reckons the download is clean.

thanks for the links, i am also looking for a antivirus, please tell me about Nod32 ??

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to agree and I am not that experienced a user - I have had Avast for since June 2005 and the latest version 7 is so advanced for a free program and so easy to use.

But they also are going for for the whole security package and I rather like to stick with the best of the programs that stick to one area only and are top expert etc. Is that not the idea - it was here I got advised to do just that and still use the programs and have never had a single problem with them installed.

Avast is no 2 on the free ratings or was last time I checked - No 1 is Comodo which I tried for 1 year it is really good too but not for someone like myself to hard to configure and use and after a while had to uninstall.

I tried AVira for a week didnt like it at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are a few new entries to add to the list:-

Roboscan

Un-Threat

Clam Sentinel

Clam sentinel is an add on to give Clam AV a real time component and Roboscan & UnThreat are full free packages that have both been submitted to VirusBulletin and have achieved VB100 passes. Neither have been around long enough to achieve any history but both starting well and would appear safe enough to play with if you feel the urge..

• 2 weeks later...

Not a problem as such, I was just looking at my list of currently available AV freebies, a list that is currently much longer than I can ever remember it being :-

avast!

Avira

AVG

Microsoft Security Essentials

Rising

Comodo

PC Tools

Digital Defender

Panda Cloud

Kingsoft Cloud

DriveSentry Desktop

Clamwin

SecureIT Free

EAV antivirus suite

Nano (Beta)

Preventon

Antivirus Docter

Zilya

Returnil

Additional backup security software

Immunet

Clam AV for windows

Threatfire

Not an argument on the merits of any of these or a desire for recommendations just a query. Anybody know of anymore ?

PS I do know about BKAV, but can't find a suitable English language page for the freebie.

PPS anybody want links to any of the above ask and I'll post, just that there's rather a lot of them and I can't be fagged to add that many hyperlinks.

Really awesome and helpful post but i have a question that from here which is the best and most powerful pc protector,

General view here is that the best free AV is avast! and the best paid for Eset though as we aren't equipped with gigabytes of virus code to test them this is really only an opinion. There are also members who prefer Microsoft, AVG or Avira, all of these will do a good job.

If you want a more professional judgement check out Virus Bulletin

• 5 weeks later...