Top 5 Used Programs

bludgard

FYI:

I am trying to find a (reliable) trial version of Cassocks to download. Looks to be rather entertaining.

Also gonna give Orbit a try. Never heard of it and want to compare it with what I am using now. Same with SlimBrowser - gotta try it.

Furthermore; it would seem that OpenOffice GO-OO is being replaced/merged with/into LibreOffice. I like the UI of LibreOffice and I love supporting open-source material.

Thanks for giving me some fiddlin' material. :)

Didn't know you were into the clergy :unsure: still it takes all sorts, as my gran used to say

Bugger! I thought Cossacks was a war game! Must have missed something in the translation. :lol:

In my mid-20s I did want to join a monastery. Does that count? :rolleyes:

I know about the incorporation of GO-OO into LibreOffice, just don't see the point of updating yet.

Nice article on the split here .

If it ain't broke; don't fix it. B)

Didn't know you were into the clergy :unsure: still it takes all sorts, as my gran used to say

Bugger! I thought Cossacks was a war game! Must have missed something in the translation. :lol:

In my mid-20s I did want to join a monastery. Does that count? :rolleyes:

Cossacks is, Cassocks could be if two of them wanted the same one

Question for anyone who has installed LibreOffice:

Is it a resourse hog as OO.o used to be? I used to use OO.o but it was a hungry bugger.

Edit:

I like Orbit. I'll play with it a while and may replace DAP. Very user friendly prog. Thanks, Boris.

I likey pickin' the mind of seasoned pros. :0

• 3 weeks later...

LibreOffice runs well. I had questioned the resource consumption of it compared to OOo in a thread but couldn't find it. LibreOffice actually appears to be quicker than M$; and doen't kill memory. Havn't had time to test all of its abilities or on other OS other than Win 7, but I like it.

• 3 weeks later...

LibreOffice runs well.

I had LibreOffice since I got my new Windows 7 system this last summer; I thought LO may be a good alternative to Microsoft Office.

However, I finally uninstalled it last week after the latest version 3.4.4 still does not support Java 7. There are several other things I was not happy with in LibreOffice, e.g. Calc does not fully support Excel macros, or Base does not support SQL Outer Join. Or documents created with Writer have a completely different layout when opened with Microsoft Word. etc.

I have now installed Office 2010, and everything works as expected.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...