Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kruptein

Installing windows 8 question

Hey,

Im in the process of building my own pc and I decided to go for windows 8 as the default os.

I prefer to download the iso to a stick but I couldnt find a place to download said iso and a legit serial code. I tried to look on the official windows site but the only thing I find there is an upgrade assistant from older windows versions, but as I have a brand new system I have nothing to upgrade from.

So I was wondering whether I can run the upgrade assistant on my laptop with windows 7 and choose to export it to usb, I know the option is there. This would mean that I could afford a brand new win 8 for the upgrade price instead of the regular full price so Im not sure whether thats actually gonna work.

so if anyone can point me in a general direction it would be much appreciated :)

ok so I should be good to go with the upgrade assistant way of doing things.

I kinda feel bad for not finding things myself :P If I had thought of the term "clean install" I probably would have been good to go,

but then again thanks :)

Yep ! as Alan has said, search turns up quite a few good ideas on this subject.

I couldnt find a place to download said iso and a legit serial code.

Here you go: Purchase of System Builder Edition is Required for a clean install if you do not hold a previous Windows licence key. That will give you a legit serial code.

http://quietpc.co.uk...CFe_MtAodrXYAag

Into my world / head at this time of year come pictures and drifting ideas of system imaging to dissimilar hardware and all sorts of strange alcohol related visions. Then I sober up and think Nah ! That cant' be legal if I thought of it so easily. So therefore, - I wont bother to mention it. :wacko:

Having a read through what Alan gave as a link, and a bit of a Google search will soon show you what is and isn't possible to do with the Windows 8 upgrade version.

John.