17 members have voted

1. 1. Pick an option

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bufferzone

Sandboxie

Sandboxes as the name implies create a safe zone to test stuff in or run programs like browsers so that they can't bugger up the rest of the installation. I have to thank Alan2273 for reminding me about them as before I'd seen them as somewhat of an overkill measure and deleted it after testing but now I think for an XP machine they are really worth having another look at and I've gone for Sandboxie as it's the most compact and the one I've used before.

• 1 year later...

Still using IE... No one understands why: Including myself. Sometimes Firefox when I don't want to deal with pop-ups and adverts. I know this is an old thread but just trolling about to see what's been shakin' over here. :)

Edit: I s'pose I use other browsers on tablets and phones: Whatever they may be: As long as they work and I can configure privacy settins; all is well.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

As far as I am concerned, I E has always been my favourite browser,and always performed better than any other that I tried. It is unfortunate that MS have decided that their older programs should not run well on Windows 10. They are trying to push users into using Mail for Windows 10, and Edge. They have not however reckoned with third party programs that they have no control over. So unfortunately I now run FF and Thunderbug rather than IE and Windows live mail. 

17 hours ago, Arjun3456 said:

I prefer using Vivaldi browser on my Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 7520 SE. Vivaldi browser is fantastic browser. 

http://trendingearth.com/gadgets/vivaldi-browser-download-mac-windows-pc-10-8-7-android/ 

The vivaldi browser is available for Windows 10/8.1/7 and even for MAC OS X

Interesting looking browser, also available for Linux. Accepts Chrome add ons, much faster with Adblock, Ghostery & Data Saver added. 

Reading the bumph it looks as if the original programmers aren't satisfied with the direction taken by Operas current owners and have started again from scratch.