What Browser are you using ?

What Browser  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Pick an option

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any problems with Edge - except for one.

When I post a joke and enter the title - as soon as I type Jo...  a window drops down listing all previous titles beginning with those letters. I can then click on one of the joke titles and then only have to amend the date rather than type the whole title. IE does the same.

However - with IE I can highlight old titles and delete them to keep the number of titles displayed to the required minimum. With Edge you cannot do that - you have to go to settings and delete them from there - but in so doing it deletes all of them.

10 hours ago, AlanHo said:

I don't have any problems with Edge - except for one.

When I post a joke and enter the title - as soon as I type Jo...  a window drops down listing all previous titles beginning with those letters. I can then click on one of the joke titles and then only have to amend the date rather than type the whole title. IE does the same.

However - with IE I can highlight old titles and delete them to keep the number of titles displayed to the required minimum. With Edge you cannot do that - you have to go to settings and delete them from there - but in so doing it deletes all of them.

Alan,

Don't quite understand, do you mean when you type something into, say this Forum, the past titles are displayed?

When I start a new topic - there is a box in the top to enter the title.

Type a letter into that box and a window drops down listing previous posts beginning with that letter - or if you type more than one letter - beginning with those letters.

If, like me, you regularly post topics with similar titles like "Joke for 07.06.17" - as soon as I type 'Jo' the list opens with the title of previous posts for the dates 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 and 06. I can click on one of them which is then copied into the title box, alter just the date, and post it. It saves me having to type the whole title - and being old and idle - that's what I do.

With IE I can delete selected titles from the drop down list to keep it short - with Edge you cannot do that - you have to delete them all and start all over again building up the list.

Try it - you will soon see what I mean.

18 minutes ago, AlanHo said:

When I start a new topic - there is a box in the top to enter the title.

Type a letter into that box and a window drops down listing previous posts beginning with that letter - or if you type more than one letter - beginning with those letters.

If, like me, you regularly post topics with similar titles like "Joke for 07.06.17" - as soon as I type 'Jo' the list opens with the title of previous posts for the dates 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 and 06. I can click on one of them which is then copied into the title box, alter just the date, and post it. It saves me having to type the whole title - and being old and idle - that's what I do.

With IE I can delete selected titles from the drop down list to keep it short - with Edge you cannot do that - you have to delete them all and start all over again building up the list.

Try it - you will soon see what I mean.

OK, understand, as I use Firefox I've not noted this facility.

But thanks for pointing out

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, shane said:

I love chrome!

I’m with Alan, I too prefer chocolate, especially mint flavoured Aero bars. I think that Terrys chocolate orange went downhill when production was transferred abroad. Chrome can’t compete with chocolate.

13 minutes ago, andsome said:

I’m with Alan, I too prefer chocolate, especially mint flavoured Aero bars. I think that Terrys chocolate orange went downhill when production was transferred abroad. Chrome can’t compete with chocolate.

Chrome is too hard & it's only a very thin layer.

I like the firey fox, it's mint!

• 2 years later...

Ancient post but I'll chuck this in the mix for anybody still using Windows XP. Most of the mainstream browsers have abandoned this archaic but still well used OS and Google helpfully says

Even when Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP, most popular software continued to support it for some time. That's no longer the case, as no modern browsers for Windows XP exist now.

Fortunately not true, check out Mypal

I am using Brave, I like it very much as it basically blocks all the trackers, ads and so on. But sometimes it can block actual features on website so I have to disable the protection. I have also notice that Firefox appears sligthly faster from time to time.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...