Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
johnoo

AVG ZEN FREE

I have just downloaded this, Version 2016 0 7161.

Have heard a rumour that the "Zen" element, which I believe can be set to protect all machines in the household is only there as a 30 day free trial, correct?

If so is there another free version of AVG available? I can't find it but feel I must ask

Review of it here :- http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/android-tablet-apps/avg-zen-review-3521646/

AVG Zen is multi-platform software that allows you to view and administrate your antivirus and tuneup utilities across PC, laptop and Android smartphone and tablet. It lets you control your PC security from your phone, and it's free, but it ties you to AVG.

There's a definite marketing angle to Zen, too. It only works with AVG products, so to get full benefit from it, you have to commit to the company throughout your PC and device base.

PCA's verdict :-

AVG isn't the first company to provide 'accounts' onto which you can pool attached devices from different platforms, to handle administration.

AVG Zen does it smoothly, though and enables status display of any device from any other.

This provides limited extra facilities, but also ties you in to one protection software provider.

Boris,

Sorry to disagree, if you click through on the C-Net download it states that it's AVG Zen.

So questions still are:-

Is it a free trial?

Is there another version, especially as the File Hippo is the same number 2016 0 7161?

Read the first para of the PCA review - to see if it is free or not.

I suggest you contact AVG directly for the other answers.