How can I charge my laptop?

Hello,

This is such a nerdy question I am not quite sure under what category to post it, But anyway, I am going to be taking my first commercial alirline trip in over a decade and it is about an 8 hour flight. So here is my question: The battery on my laptop will not stay charged for more than one hour, so is there anyway to charge my battery while in-flight?

Thank!

The emergency power pack you linked to has poor reviews.

In any event if the poster's battery only lasts for an hour - an emergency power pack will only give him a further hour. He is looking for 8 hours.

There are not many proper laptops with that sort of battery life.

Yeah, it was just a suggestion. It was not linked to to make a sell: Just something to consider.

I would acquire an extended life battery for my laptop instead of purchasing a whole new computer; which is ridiculous, IMO. Other than some posters here: Not all have unlimited funds for that kind of "fix".

I have several laptops with batteries that last 10 hours +. My favorite is a Lenovo X230.

Glad you straightened all that out....

On 11/27/2015, 5:43:41, cinque8 said:

Geriatric,

I currently have a HP 6515b laptop. Is is possible to get a high capacity battery for this unit?

Sure they do.....

Although this one is based in the U.S.; I am quite sure that one is able to find one 'round your neck of the woods.

Battery

Found by typing "HP 6515b extended life battery" into eBay search.

Several more available. I would advise to research many options before a purchase.

This is not a sell: Just throwing out an option with some evidence.

EDIT: No guarantee that any of these batteries will last 10 hours but power settings and usage will have the greatest impact on battery longevity.

x230.jpg

Thanks for the info Bludgard. I did a search on Ebay and found a vendor who is advertising a 9 cell battery that is compatible with the 6515b for under $30.00 with free shipping. I sent him a message asking for the approximate battery life, but have not heard back yet.  I will give this a try before looking into the x230.

Thanks!