M$ wireless mouse 3000

I'm having a problem i cant seem to fix - the mouse curser is wobbling cant get it to stay on where point etc. Does it a lot - looked for reason cant find. 

I also have a 3000 wired via USB keyboard which my W7 on Devices shows HID Keyboard device, HID Compliant mouse and M$ wireless transceiver - 3 items - is this correct or part of problem I wondered always shown it like this.

Not sure if this makes for a problem as I think Windows may see it as pair maybe as you can get combo of mouse with keyboard 3000 also.

Also a couple of times found M$ had installed on updates the Mouse and keyboard center, And got rid of it and for a while all was well but again started wobbling unable to get it to stay first off etc annoying trying to click and then found again had got the mouse keyboard center and again uninstalled.

And still this "cant point and click"  without having to get it to stay long enough now and then  continues - thought had fixed it as stable for a while after last uninstall of keyboard center.

And is stable on here - but just was working and it drove me insane. Maybe its certain sites? 

ie point at bar above say font and it shows up as a hand and 100% still.

[Hope this makes sense!  If not forgive on pain meds waiting for hip knee replacement and still got to wait til Sept 23 when private health insurance kicks in as wait for public 2-4 years on private 1 year nearly there. My bad thought covered as pay levy on income tax but seems not so.Hubbie says I am not always clear these days on things I explain - Senior moments too ]

Any ideas?

I would suggest having a look inside the Mouse. They are usually very easy to open up, given a suitable little screwdriver. Dust can collect in there and cause problems, but it takes a while to do so.

The quickest way to determine whether it is the mouse at fault or the computer is to buy or borrow another mouse and keyboard and see whether the cursor wobble continues.

If you are using an old fashioned mouse with friction wheels inside - then dust can be a problem. If however - as is more likely - the mouse is a laser one - dust is not likely to be the problem

Not sure re magnetic etc its this one https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/mice/wireless-mobile-mouse-3000/2ef-00013

Its settled down for a while again now. Could be batteries as they are going very quickly when once lasted so long forgot they were there. New box. Duracell exp 2022 - could be duds ? Last one lasted around 1 month I dont turn it off at all. Never have.

On 7/7/2016 at 7:17 AM, catgate said:

I would suggest having a look inside the Mouse. They are usually very easy to open up, given a suitable little screwdriver. Dust can collect in there and cause problems, but it takes a while to do so.

I've had a squizz, and cant see anywhere to use a screw driver.

See answer also to Alan Ho.

Thanks anyway.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, AlanHo said:

why not climb into the 21st century and get your self a laser mouse.

I don't need to clean the LED in my existing mouse and have a tendency to use Poundland mice on the grounds they're almost as cheap as I am and more reliable. When they change over to laser so will I.

I buy Duracell Industrial-grade batteries. They are cheaper than the retail packs but probably of the same construction - you're just not paying out for silly battery checkers (which are pretty much useless) and fancy packaging.