Resolved - AlanHo > Post pictures from URL...

Irene

I always us Tiny pics to ressise, that creates a URL and I copy and paste.  I don't know anything about BBcodes I just post any other media. Maybe as I said earlier , the piccies you are trying to post are too large.  Why not try upploading to Tiny pics, and select the right size for message boards.  You wil see several URL's after the upload, copy and paste the bottom one.

9 hours ago, AlanHo said:

Please tell me exactly what you did to insert that picture.

Was it from a url - if so - was it using BB Codes or the "Insert other media" button?

The Photobucket screen was like this:

PhB screen (600 x 438).png   Copy links.PNG

I copied using the link Direct at the side (automatically copied when I touched the link). 

Then, via Insert other media, right-click and paste the URL into the box provided.

Thanks Irene - that is exactly what I am doing - but in my case it does not work.

As you will see in another post - I have tried to re-post a picture I posted here a few days ago and which is still visible on the forum. I used exactly the same Photobucket link in exactly the same way in the same thread - and it would not post. The url just turns red.

Andsome just tried to post one of my Photobucket links - and it would not work for him either.

The plot thickens.

1 hour ago, AlanHo said:

Thanks Irene - that is exactly what I am doing - but in my case it does not work.

As you will see in another post - I have tried to re-post a picture I posted here a few days ago and which is still visible on the forum. I used exactly the same Photobucket link in exactly the same way in the same thread - and it would not post. The url just turns red.

Andsome just tried to post one of my Photobucket links - and it would not work for him either.

The plot thickens.

Just a shot in the dark, but could it possibly be anything to do with your Windows 10 Aniversay update?  

Is the problem only when posting from Photobucket?

Craig did some work on the forum yesterday.  Following that, mine worked fine.

It's a thought andsome - but doesn't explain why all the pics I posted here up to a few days ago are still visible.

neither does it explain why, if I start a new thread with a picture I have posted successfully before - it now refuses to appear. Even though I use exactly the same Photobucket url in exactly the same way.

To test your theory that "size matters" I have just copied the baby pic Irene posted, uploaded it to Photobucket and tried to post its url here - it did not work.

Irene - The thought that it might be the anniversary update causing this is possible I suppose. Both my desktop and laptop have been updated and posts from neither work.

Remember - I have tried IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox on both my Win 10 anniversary update laptop and desktop with no luck.

My flabber is totally gasted.

I can copy and paste jps's into the forum - but in my bumper fun book of jokes and pictures, the pics are loaded as Photobucket url's - and have been so ever since I joined the forum. Hence I need to use Photobucket links which happen to have previously worked her and still work fine on my Hyundai and KIA forums.

I have the anniversary update too. My only problems have been that I just don't like Edge,it is user unfriendly compared with I E. If I use Edge there are no problems as such,other than my dislike. I E does not run as well as it should since the update.Mail for Windows 10 as far as I am concerned is utter rubbish. I can see no way to have a contacts folder,and Thunderbug is suiting me fine.  As I have said before,I think M S are trying to force us into using their junk programs,and their well liked older programs will not run as they should. Third party programs seem fine. As far as Alan's problems are concerned,he must have upset his settings in photo bucket,that is why I would like to see him try tiny pics. Select the size of piccie before uploading it to website layout. Upload the piccie and copy and paste the lowest URL offered,I can't remember whether ther are three or four. If this works it is photo bucket giving him the problem,if it doesn't then the problem lies elsewhere.

Now I'm even more confused.

I can't see anything in my Photobucket settings that have changed from when it was all hunky dory. In fact there are very few settings you can change - other than to alter the view from Public to Private and the pic size etc.

Andsome was not able to post one of my links - the only common ground is that we both have Windows 10 anniversary and we are both on Virgin Cable.

If Virgin Cable is somehow the culprit - how come my old pics still show on this forum and I can post pics without problems on other forums.?

When I looked at your old pics, they were displayed as a small box containing a white cross on a black background.

I sent another message to Craig, asking him to please take a look.

There is something very strange happening...  :unknw:

Irene

Something has changed

I can't see my old pics now - I see just a brief line of meaningless text - not even a full url. Perhaps Craig has started to have a fiddle cuz I aint done nuffin.

If you visit the Hyundai i30 forum you will see that nothing has changed there - all my old pics are showing and I can post new ones.  It's the same with the KIA forum - all is hunky dory

That's exactly what I found (on yours, not mine), as explained in my previous post.  I emailed Craig about it last night.  ...Still waiting.  

I'll try posting your links in a few minutes.  Watch this space.  :wink:

Just tried to post your links using the link copied directly from Photobucket.  Same again - it just went red! 

There is also a forum update waiting, which Craig will need to perform.  I'll give him another 'nudge'.  Maybe it contains something to fix the problem?  :unknw:

I don't believe it! 

I just used the exact same method from my own Photobucket library - see below - and it worked!

The fact that you can post the same pictures on other forum(s) without any problem whatsoever must mean that it is something to do with your account here on WF. 

Also, andsome and I have both tried to post from your PB library without success, but I can post from my own.

:unknw:     :uhm:      :unsure:

CforO2_zpsfe593650.jpg

The plot thickens.

I wonder what the result would be if I opened another account using a different Monicker, Email etc. and then tried to post pics

I know you are not supposed to do this - but I assume a mod could remove the account after the experiment.

I noticed your Photobucket links contain some weird symbols like %20. Maybe this forum doesn't accept that for some reason.

I think the issue is the naming of your photos, and album names as well.

if you're photo or album name has a space in it the url will translated that space into %20 or even a + sign. It does the same thing with special characters this is done for security purposes on photobuckets site.

Try this create a album with one word....then upload a pic to it with one word example "test" and try to post that

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AlanHo said:

The plot thickens.

I wonder what the result would be if I opened another account using a different Monicker, Email etc. and then tried to post pics

I know you are not supposed to do this - but I assume a mod could remove the account after the experiment.

I am sure I could sort it out, Alan.  Let's give it a try.