Resolved - Forum problem

andsome

I confess to removing one post in AlanHo's thread, because it was suggesting that the problem was as a result of the forum.  It transpired that it was a User issue.  Sadly, your post on this occasion was not constructive criticism.  

I have no no idea what happened with the other post to which you refer.  Perhaps Alan deleted the thread himself?  

We do endeavour to restore any identified issues as well as we can and appreciate notifications through the 'report' facility on each post.  

I am not mentioning removal of posts,what I mentioned was that immediately after posting I had a message that the item could not be found. It is a sad fact that the forum does get frequent break downs and an awful lot of spam. The spam does not occur on other forums that I visit, neither do the bad gates or whatever they are called. Obviously,I am not saying that the staff are to blame,so can it be the servers problem? Also the forum is painfully slow.

1 hour ago, andsome said:

I am not mentioning removal of posts,what I mentioned was that immediately after posting I had a message that the item could not be found.  It is a sad fact that the forum does get frequent break downs and an awful lot of spam.  The spam does not occur on other forums that I visit, neither do the bad gates or whatever they are called. Obviously,I am not saying that the staff are to blame,so can it be the servers problem? Also the forum is painfully slow.

"I had a message that the item could not be found"  

• Was this the entire thread or only your post?
  • Did you notice an error code? 
  • Which method were you using to search for the post? 

"the forum is painfully slow"

• To be quite honest, I personally do not find it slow.  Could it be your equipment? 

"awful lot of spam"

• I couldn't agree more!  However, they do get zapped a.s.a.p. and reports of their presence from diligent members (like your good-self) are gratefully received. :flowers:

2 hours ago, Irene said:

"I had a message that the item could not be found"  

• Was this the entire thread or only your post?
  • Did you notice an error code? 
  • Which method were you using to search for the post? 

"the forum is painfully slow"

• To be quite honest, I personally do not find it slow.  Could it be your equipment? 

"awful lot of spam"

• I couldn't agree more!  However, they do get zapped a.s.a.p. and reports of their presence from diligent members (like your good-self) are gratefully received. :flowers:

It it is equally slow on my I pad and brand new computer. The message came up immediately I clicked to post. I follow an e mail link here,and find the forum slower than any other. After replying and clicking that is when the error occurred. This only happens occasionally,and more often than not on a thread which is later deleted.

I'm afraid the confusion is down to me - when I posted the original post the picture didn't show - it was just a row of gobbledy gook text.

So I hit the edit button and posted the url again - same thing.

I then decided to delete the thread.

A couple of minutes later I used Chrome to sign onto the forum and I got a message saying my computer clock was wrong.

So I corrected it and returned to the forum. When I opened the Forum Problems board and started a new post - the original post came up in the box - so I added the Line about problem solved and posted it.

Someone must have tried to add to the thread in the time between me deleting it and starting again.

Sorry for the cock up.

Now get back to your corners....................:laughter:

10 hours ago, AlanHo said:

I'm afraid the confusion is down to me - when I posted the original post the picture didn't show - it was just a row of gobbledy gook text.

So I hit the edit button and posted the url again - same thing.

I then decided to delete the thread.

A couple of minutes later I used Chrome to sign onto the forum and I got a message saying my computer clock was wrong.

So I corrected it and returned to the forum. When I opened the Forum Problems board and started a new post - the original post came up in the box - so I added the Line about problem solved and posted it.

Someone must have tried to add to the thread in the time between me deleting it and starting again.

Sorry for the cock up.

Now get back to your corners....................:laughter:

I some countries you would be in front of a firing squad by now.  You should be deeply ashamed. fist-shake.gif

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 7:32 PM, Belatucadrus said:

So far ( fingers crossed ) I've encountered none of these problems and due to my BT hub pushing up the daisies I'm having to use an old USB modem and an even older laptop to stay online. So my kink is far from ideal.

So which of your kinks do you prefer....?