PS2 Input Remapper For PC

bludgard

Hi, All.

Wife has been gamin on PC since retirement. Pretty good at it, too. :)

Anyway we have playstation 2 controllers that we have adapted to USB and they work out-of-box (basically).

Would like to remap the buttons to keyboard strokes to enable a better experience (as some actions do not function; not enough buttons on controller).

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this type of tom-foolery and if so: What's the best software that would be recommend?

Thanks

Of course using windows 7 x64

8 hours ago, bludgard said:

Hi, All.

Wife has been gamin on PC since retirement. Pretty good at it, too. :)

Anyway we have playstation 2 controllers that we have adapted to USB and they work out-of-box (basically).

Would like to remap the buttons to keyboard strokes to enable a better experience (as some actions do not function; not enough buttons on controller).

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this type of tom-foolery and if so: What's the best software that would be recommend?

Thanks

Of course using windows 7 x64

Where the hell have you been all this time?  Welcome back stranger.  Sorry I cant help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hurricane was breezy and mild here. A bit harry at times but I mostly slept through it all.

Or the kid at heart (some are retired and cannot and/or willnot participate in what others are about). Mostly cannot here but there is a handicap involved.

Anyway... xmapper and JoyToKey seem to be able to remap controller buttons but do not "keep" when assigning keystrokes (all the good actions :boy_cleanglasses: ).

Still on it and will update anon.

Thanks for the concern of Mathew: It was all a big sensational scare-tactic to get people to spend money (just my opinion).

Oh... and blasting 8 combatants with a multi-lock-on RPG firing homing-burst rockets without worry of retaliation is great!~ LOL

:vibrate:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry been a while since visiting: No; the PS2 Pad is plug-and-play. Windows has some cofig options but had to look for other software to try and iron out the crinkles. Basically gave it up as KB/Mouse is what I use for full control and recommend her do the same. :)

Thanks for posting, peird.