Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Windows Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

7 posts in this topic

What is the future of windows operating systems and what can replace them? As we have entered in a new technical era and the the technology is changing very rapidly day by day. So, now the question is that what is the future of windows OS and what technology can replace this one of the most popular operating systems?

It was said just besfore the launch of W10 that it would be the last and that future developments would be contained in updates to that system.

In my view, that is rubbish. What it was really saying is that there will be a new operating system with a different name. Whether it is built on the technology used in Windows remains to be seen.

This got me to thinking, the only way they could conceive of W10 as being the ultimate Windows OS was if it was designed as a Modular system permitting them to take out and rewrite chunks without tearing up the whole system. Bit of quick Googling and I found this it seems that that is precisely what they did. So to say it's the final version may be over-egging it a bit as who knows where technology will take us but it should be around for a hell of a long time. Question will be after 51% of the modules have been re coded will it still be Windows 10 ?

So, what do you think rajanmahajan?    :smile:

With 17 new heads and 14 new handles  they will call it Trigger's Windows. And it will still be a pane.

I think that no body knows that what will happen in the future. May be a new OS will come with the different name on different technology. 

Most businesses I use and I myself have changed over to W7 from XP and sticking with W7 and M$ is still issuing disc of W7 Pro for business use.

W10 is in reality for tablets and social media use.  and for those who dont want to bother with their computr and just use it seemingly as M$ have in this version taken away choice and control.

I am still running GWX as they are still slipping code for 10 via telemetry updates I'm told.