Skype not working after Windows 10 upgrade

donjo11

The last time I used Skype was about a year back when my laptop was still running on Windows 8. It worked perfectly fine then. Then I upgraded the OS to Win 10, though never tested Skype in it.  Recently, my company started using Skype for all it's video communications. I guess Skype has some benefits for business in terms of cost and convenience. Anyway, I installed Skype in my laptop, but it isn't working. I mean, I can log in. But unable to make calls or get any calls. When trying to call, it rings in my system, but the other person is not getting the call. Same thing happens when someone tries to call me. There isn't any problem with the Internet as I am able to use all other applications that need Internet.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

At first you make sure windows 10 have latest update then Uninstall the skype application if you have installed or if you are using built in skype. go to the skype website and download the setup( Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app ) and re-install it should work perfectly.