English Grammar - Do you still do it...

Irene

A short while ago, I posted a thread about squirrels. 

During that post I was using a word which used the, " 'i' before 'e' except after 'c' rule".

It occurred to me that I still quoted the rules mentally now, at least 60 years after!

I use my times tables and grammar 'rules' all the time!

Do you?

6 hours ago, Irene said:

I wonder if they still use these types of memory-aid in teaching?    :uhm:

A large number of children these days are unable to speak properly, never mind read or write.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Old topic but they are removing cursive and arts from public schools in the U.S. and have been at it for years (keyboards only now). EDIT: Just googled and seems they are trying to push for cursive return....

Anyway: Yes; I still remember rules for English and some of the mathematics... but a lot had to be either fragged and/or overwritten since then but at least I can still hold a decent conversation rather than staring at my phone (as everyone is so keen on these days) in a social situation.

Hate it when someone invites one to a get together and everyone is stuck to their device... I just exit stage left with a curt adieu. :hi: