Pet hates

andsome

15 hours ago, catgate said:

Gandalph  ."...one of my States job..."

For most of my working years I was in the employ of a very well known American company with a some factories over here.

For the majority of those working years I was the Quality Assurance and Technical Services manager, with my staff covering two factorys .

Over the years we used to get visits from "Missionaries" who were supposed to "audit" our "procedures", particularly If we were starting to manufacture a new product.

It was seldom that they contributed anything, and more often than not any foul up on/with the new product launches occurred over the pond.

On one particular occasion I went to pick up on of these "missionarys" from the airport and found that he had brought his wife with him. He introduced me to her and we jumped into the car and off we went.  After we had gone a mile or two Herb said that he had brought his wife with him because after he had completed his visit they were going to fly over to Ireland for a holiday. He said they were going to hire a car and do a grand tour.

I said "If that is the case you are going to have to be very wary. They have just started a traffic experiment.  They now have cars and light vans driving on the left hand side and buses and  wagons driving on the right."

"Gee, hear that Laura? We're going to have to be very careful."

No I never saw or heard from again. I often wonder if he went driving on the wrong side .

Nice one catgate. :laughter:

Since writing the above, about the American clown, I have remembered another occasion when he came across the pond on missionary work.

I had as usual gone to pick him up at the airport. He had flown into Heathrow the evening before and had flown north after breakfast.

He landed late morning and it was lunchtime when I picked him up. It was a Monday and most of the local hostelries were closed. As I was driving back I remembered a rather nice pub up at Malham (which was not so far away from our destination). They did serve food on Mondays, but nothing special. So I explained the situation to Herb and he was overjoyed.

We eventually got to Malham and went to the bar and asked what was available. " Pork pie, peas and chips" was one and "Bacon, eggs and chips was the alternative offering.

I went back and told Herb and asked him which one was his choice.  He replied, " Oh! I think I will have them both".

When I went back to the bar the staff were as amazed as I was, but he was served with his desires.  He was about half way through decimating the contents of his plate when he looked up at me, and, with a great big smile, said, "Now this is  what ah call reeal food" !

Well he was an American, and you know how they can be!!