Flu Jabs...

Irene

3 hours ago, Gandalph said:

No I didn't Irene. I screamed the place down like a 9 year old. Only joking. Of course I behaved myself. I took it like a man. Actually I look forward to getting it because with having C.O.P.D. I can't run the risk of getting a Flu. :hi:

Were you a smoker?  Are you still a smoker?

I used to be, but thankfully I gave up about three months after my 40th birthday, and have never had one since. 

Chest problems have run in my family.  Both of my parents and at least one sibling had difficulties that way.  :sad: 

No I'm not a smoker. Just a passive one from other peoples fags and pipes. That is one of the reasons I never went into pubs, because of the smoke. If there were seats outside that was fair enough, but never inside. I just hate the smell. 

• 2 months later...

Just a note to people concerned about "Aussie Flu" the latest health scare that the press have fallen in love with :-

First the designation for Aussie Flu is H3N2 and it isn't new, which is good as it means the flu vaccine which most of us had last year IS designed to protect against H3N2. Second despite the press bigging it up and the genuine issues it's giving hospitals, we're nowhere near at the same level of problem as was caused by Swine Flu in 2008/9. So take sensible precautions but don't panic, so far it's not as bad as some people are trying to make it out to be.

"Aussie Flu"  If it was coming towards me what should I do?   Turn my back on it and just walk away nonchalantly?   Offer it a cup of poisoned tea?   Send for a practioner in screwmatics?    Ignore it and hope it has not noticed me?    Shout for my mummy?