What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

The usual Friday Fish (Cod or Haddock) from our local fish shop - not a supermarket 

Actifry Chunky Chips (crispy outside, soft inside)

Harry Ramsden Mushy Peas

Garnished with Lemon and accompanied by either Tomato Sauce or Mayonnaise

My dinner is akin to Irene's (including Actifry chips) but with Tesco mushy peas. I think the Harry Ramsden brand is grossly overrated.

Note: I always Actifry my chips in goose or duck fat for the best crisp finish.

OK I'll admit it today is another cheat day M&S Butter chicken with rice, I can do a pretty damned good curry but if you're just cooking for two it's hardly worth the bother and M&S butter chicken is really rather good.

If M&S want to send me a few free packs for bigging up the product my integrity is for sale at a very low price.

I absolutely agree with you Bela' - M&S Curries, especially the butter chicken, are all excellent. None of the other supermarkets get close.

We keep a couple of jars of M&S butter chicken sauce in stock and provide our own chicken or Giant prawns and rice. It works out slightly less expensive. (ie: cheaper)

You are a chap of good taste.:hi:

3 minutes ago, Belatucadrus said:

Haven't done swordfish in ages, when I do it's grilled with Cajun spices served with chips and a side salad and if I overdo the spice plenty of something cold to drink.

Not (only) water, I hope.  :innocent:

We are out tonight at an Italian Restaurant in Birmingham. Grand-daughters 21st birthday with all her mates and our respective families. There are 22 going. I'm going to hate it - so will my wallet.

I can't even anaesthetise myself with some nice Italian wine - I got the short straw and am driving.  My wife will not drive at night - her cataracts produce halo vision with street lights and oncoming cars.

Me being deaf is a mixed blessing - because if the restaurant is very noisy - I can't hear conversations at our table. However - if our gaggle of girls are being loud - I can turn my hearing aids down with the remote control.

Really looking forward to it then Alan. Guaranteed the Girl's will be noisy, I've never known a bunch of Girls be quiet.  

For me tonight it's Hooray it's Saturday. Spaghetti and Bolognese sauce, and plenty of it. 

1 hour ago, Irene said:

Not (only) water, I hope.  :innocent:

Cranberry & Raspberry juice today (Most days to be honest) I do occasionally indulge in a full strength sugar saturated cola or fizzy orange. Never been much for wine and I got out of the alcoholic beverage habit some years ago. Not taken the pledge or anything it just sort of faded away as part of my calorific intake.  

2 hours ago, AlanHo said:

Grand-daughters 21st birthday with all her mates and our respective families

Hope you  and Libby enjoy the evening.  Take care on the way home if you are using the motorway (and any other way), Alan.  

1 hour ago, Belatucadrus said:

Cranberry & Raspberry juice today (Most days to be honest) I do occasionally indulge in a full strength sugar saturated cola or fizzy orange. Never been much for wine and I got out of the alcoholic beverage habit some years ago. Not taken the pledge or anything it just sort of faded away as part of my calorific intake.  

Very sensible 'B'.  Cranberry is not allowed in my diet - it affects my Warfarin INR levels.  

On 20/10/2017 at 4:21 PM, Belatucadrus said:

Well having hacked my way through the frost and ice that was encasing the fish drawer it's turned out that today it'll be battered haddock with chips and either runner beans or peas.

Note to self time to defrost the freezer again.

Its well worth investing in a fros free one.