What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:08 AM, -pops- said:

The other half of the meatloaf (see Thursday and the Recipes section) with Actifry chips, Branston Baked Beans and onion gravy.

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, Irene said:

Monday night dinner menu:

Chunky Actifry Chips; Meatloaf (made yesterday, using -pops- recipe); and Baked Beans.

This is the first time of trying the meatloaf, so I intend to cut it into slices, then dip into egg-wash followed by plain flour.  Next they will be pan-fried to reheat.  :xwink:

-pops-, The Meatloaf was excellent!  I have kept the other half and frozen it for another time.

Many thanks for the recipe.  flowers.gif  

1 hour ago, Irene said:

-pops-, The Meatloaf was excellent!  I have kept the other half and frozen it for another time.

Many thanks for the recipe.  flowers.gif  

Glad you like it!

A sort of Bolognese today using the other half of the 500g packet of 5% fat beef mince used for the cottage pie yesterday.

I make it by dispersing the mince (250g) in about the same amount of water to remove large lumps and agglomerations then simmer gently for about an hour to tenderise. Most of the water should have evaporated by then. My own recipe tomato sauce (see Recipes section) is then added (premade or mixed extemporaneously into the mince) and gently simmered until cooked and flavoursome.

The pasta is yet to be determined. It will probably be linguine.

Tonight it’s our once a week of a favourite af Er indoors, a suck and easy meal. Onions and garlic fried and a jar of tomato pasta sauce and red beans. 

At at the moment,the whole house is filled with a delicious smell of venison and smoked bacon casserole. It’s been cooking on a low heat for the last three hours. It will be re heated tomorrow for when our son and his partner are coming. It always tastes better for cooking twice.

3 hours ago, andsome said:

Tonight it’s our once a week of a favourite af Er indoors, a suck and easy meal. Onions and garlic fried and a jar of tomato pasta sauce and red beans. 

At at the moment,the whole house is filled with a delicious smell of venison and smoked bacon casserole. It’s been cooking on a low heat for the last three hours. It will be re heated tomorrow for when our son and his partner are coming. It always tastes better for cooking twice.

Yum!  :xbiggrin:

Tonight's menu is:

Slow Cooked Gammon Shanks with a caramelised Apple Sauce (M&S);  Anya Potatoes. boiled in the skin;  the rest is leftover (uncooked) veg from this week - A handful of sprouts, Asparagus, a small courgette and some carrot.  

Unfortunately, I have to go out into the badly forecast weather tomorrow for a Diabetic Screening Test, so will make good use of the outing and stock up for the further poor forecast for the weekend.  :wink:

Haddock fillet, provided by our exceptional local fish shop - the Haddock or any fish we purchase is expertly boned (and skinned if required :wink:);  Chunky Chips from the Actifry;  and the delightful Mushy Peas.  :xbiggrin: