What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

3 minutes ago, -pops- said:

Glad to note you have your appetite back, Keith.

Thanks. I have NEVER had such a bad cold. ‘Er indoors had the same one but less severe. The problem with me is that I used to be a heavy smoker some years ago, and I now invariably get a chest infection after a cold. Almost back to normal now. Someone will probably be saying ‘he ain’t never normal’ :kiss2:

Today is grilled salmon, pea purée (frozen peas, microwaved with a bit of butter and blitzed to a purée), boiled Charlotte potatoes and some chili sauce on the fish.

I think it will be another fish week. Mussels planned for tomorrow - if they are available, fish pie on Wednesday and Kippers on Thursday

Homemade Rissoles, created from: 

leftover meat carefully stored in the freezer, half of an onion, whizzed up leftover chips, a scattering of Adobo Seasoning, some tasty blue cheese and a beaten egg.

...To be served with Actifry Chunky Chips and Petit Pois; and homemade chutney.

Chicken & Mushroom Pie today with a twist. Remember a few years ago it was the rage to have a complete meal served in a dish or bowl which was, in fact, a large Yorkshire pudding. Well, I'm resurrecting those.

Last night we had:

Slow cooked Duck Legs with Port & Orange Sauce (M&S); Red Cabbage braised with Bramley Apples (M&S); Fresh Egg Noodles

The Duck Legs and Red Cabbage were part of the 2 Dine-in for £10 (including a bottle of wine and desert :wink:)