What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

Stir-fry chicken thighs with bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, sweet peppers, snow peas, onion, garlic and cashew nuts with a hoisin & garlic sauce (this last from a packet, but it is Chinese). Can't decide whether to have it with rice or noodles.

7 minutes ago, Belatucadrus said:

That's OK then, I had visions of some Victorian style pie with an only vaguely identifiable content from Als general purpose abattoir, bits of chicken, the odd gerbil or two and any surplus cadavers from the local zoo. 

We have some of those in the freezer. :laughitup:

42 minutes ago, andsome said:

We have some of those in the freezer

Call me an old cynic, but I suspect they're more common than some think, only they aren't found in the bargain basement bin of the cash and carry anymore. They're called Artisan pies and they charge you an arm and a leg for them at "Food halls".

19 minutes ago, Belatucadrus said:

Call me an old cynic, but I suspect they're more common than some think, only they aren't found in the bargain basement bin of the cash and carry anymore. They're called Artisan pies and they charge you an arm and a leg for them at "Food halls".

OK, as requested, you are an old cynic. Always ready to oblige. :hi:

Chicken & sweetcorn soup tonight. We call it soup but it's more like a liquidized stew and contains chicken, sweetcorn, onion, carrot, celery, quite a generous amount of parsley and finely chopped red pepper added at the end to give visual appeal.

Usual Fish, Chips & Mushy Peas, but with the addition of some fresh Cods Roe which I have already boiled in preparation. 

The roe has a very limited season, so I purchase a good quantity from our favourite fish shop, then boil and freeze in portions.  

Aldi Steak burgers in Brioche buns served with fries and a side salad.

Having analysed the Lamb dish from yesterday, we decided that it benefited from having more spice to it, but the big drawback in the idea is the chickpeas, neither mum nor I can bring ourselves to the point of actually liking them and have decided next time to substitute veg of a more Eurocentric bent.  Peas carrots celery etc make it more traditional stew than an African themed dish.

18 minutes ago, andsome said:

Baps night tonight. Salt and pepper baps filled with ox tongue and for me sliced onion. and for 'ER indoors, sliced tomato.

I like Ox Tongue.  Very tasty.  The flavour takes me back to my childhood.  lick lips.gif