What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

Bought a 500g pack of low-fat beef mince the other day so, half of it will make a Bolognese sauce and the rest a cottage pie. Will make both today and decide which one to eat later.

Had the Bolognese yesterday with some Luxury Spaghettini supposedly made by hand and dried on the shores of the Adriatic (it was part of a Christmas present). It was quite nice though.

Keeping the cottage pie for tomorrow. Having salmon mornay today with stringless beans and new potatoes.

I had a cordon bleu meal tonight of two eggs fresh from the farm today fried in sunflower oil with McCains home chips fresh from the freezer deep fried.

No wine tonight - my wine expert's handbook lacks a recommendation for the correct wine to drink with egg and chips. So I had a Carlsberg lager.

I never bother with recommendations, I just have whatever I have in stock. I think too much rubbish is talked about wine. Goolden (I am not sure of the spelling,) and Oz Clarke started it all off. References were even made to a hint of rubber in describing wine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2768692/As-English-wine-gets-better-better-JILLY-GOOLDEN-s-taste-test-proves-French-wine-s-met-Waterloo.html

I just wondered if there was a recommendation to be found, turns out that the "Experts" perhaps at one of many loose ends, have indeed sat around a table with heads together muttered incoherently for hours while they considered the best wine to serve with egg and chips. Having cogitated ( or it may have been constipated, who knows ) they formulated their conclusion and posted it for your edification. I could hardly do less than share these pearls of wisdom with you, after all we are supposed to be a help forum.

:innocent:

It may perhaps be postulated that any group recommending a £32.40 Pinot Noir with egg and chips has already completely lost the plot and are eligible for the care in the community program,

Today is the cottage pie postponed from Friday. For the topping, I will use middles of potatoes baked in the oven and mashed with a bit of cream. The skins we will have tomorrow crisped up in the oven with a bit of oil, sprinkled with Cheddar and eaten with grilled tuna & a tomato sauce.

Dr Seuss I'm not and I have no appetite for green eggs or ham.

I include for your human edification, the following.

PS note to the mere humans, Tesco have a 1Kg side of Salmon half price at the moment. If you like salmon (we do) and have storage room in the freezer ( yup ) it's a pretty good buy.