What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

Eeeeh the stuff you lot eat oop North - wouldn't catch me me eating such artificial "food" from a country with so many old geysers in !

If Björk eats this stuff and their other delicacies like cured shark, cured ram and singed sheep heads it is absolutely no surprise to me she sings the way she does.

1 hour ago, -pops- said:

Even though we've been shown the packet for a potato pocket, I still none the wiser as to what it is and there's no Iceland store near here to check.

Prepare your taste buds ............................ (or not) :whistling:

Fried pockets of cooked, formed grated potato and dried potato with a soft cream cheese and Cheddar cheese filling

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/iceland-10-cheesy-potato-pockets-600g/p/55797

Well its a sort of "pocket" made of shredded potato similar to a rosti or hash brown and inside the pocket is cheese, hence the non too cryptic name. This one puts in the oven and cooks. One of those product that we thought worth a shot that we found quite pleasant when combined with the correct main course, so we keep going back and buying more. Not exactly a staple part of the diet but nice to have a pack in the freezer for the odd occasion.

Well as the weather report for the rest of the week is more than a bit wet, we opted to make Tuesday eat out day. Dropped in at the Mare and Colt, mum went for her usual cod and chips, I opted for the steak and ale pie.

Tomorrow will be lamb chops with assorted vegertables. Turns out the veggies are a bit of a clean out of odds and ends, Kalettes, Purple Sprouting, Mash and Roasties.

Cottage pie & broccoli on Friday - using the remainder of the 500g pack of mince.

Today is something of an invention. Crispy potato skins (remaining from yesterday's cottage pie topping), roasted cauliflower, roasted apple slices (all of these cooked in the same dish) with pan-fried pork medallions (fillet slices).

Macaroni cheese today. Real stuff, homemade, not this disgusting American pap with pasta which has, seemingly, been cooked for hours in an orange coloured goo (glue) made with that completely tasteless Monterey Jack cheese.

Saturday was Bacon chops, spicy potato wedges, oven crunchies and green beans.

Dinner today will be beef, roast spuds and veggies, probably broccoli and carrot.

lunch will be smoked tuna, new potatoes and side salad. Close examination of the lettuce has revealed it's a bit wilty brown looking, so the tuna has been postponed until Tuesday as by then we shall sallied forth to purchase some fresh leafy stuff. 

Lunch will now be Tomato soup served with a slice of toast with grilled cheese on it