What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

Last night:

Roast Shoulder of Pork (cooked for 4 hrs in roasting tin, with 500 ml of water, tightly sealed in with foil - fan oven at 160 deg C); Roast potatoes, parsnips and carrots; Sweetheart Cabbage; Gravy.

Tonight still to be decided. 

1 hour ago, Irene said:

Last night:

Roast Shoulder of Pork (cooked for 4 hrs in roasting tin, with 500 ml of water, tightly sealed in with foil - fan oven at 160 deg F); Roast potatoes, parsnips and carrots; Sweetheart Cabbage; Gravy.

Tonight still to be decided. 

I am surprised that your ne oven is in degrees F.

We are having yesterday roast sheep cold, with salad. Sticking to salad recently has helped me to shed 9 lb from my gut . I am a clever little boy.

4 hours ago, Irene said:

Tonight still to be decided

Tonight will be:

Oven-cooked Chicken Breast (butterflied, stuffed with Goats Cheese and Basil and wrapped in Prosciutto Ham);

Accompanied by: Jacket Potato with Sour Cream; Asparagus & Mange Tout.

Mussels in tomato sauce with couscous.

The mussels are Sainsbury's pre-packed cooked mussels which I found on their website and thought I would give them a try. I'll report back later.

The mussels were surprisingly good. There are some complaints on the Sainsbury website about them being gritty (didn't see that until I'd bought them) but no grit in mine. Obviously not as good as fresh mussels but very passable!

I'm still suffering on antibiotics and it has killed my appetite. 

Hence my evening meal was a couple of brown rolls filled with cheese, tomato and lashings of onion. This was followed by an apple strudel from our local bake shop with double cream.

I managed to down a glass of chardonnay with it - who says you can't mix wine and medicines?.