What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

I am having half an Aldi Pepperoni thin crust pizza to which I will add lashings of onion and extra cheese before popping it into the oven for 8 minutes. (The other half pizza is now in the freezer for another day)

The Aldi pizzas are to be recommended - no other commercial pizza can match the quality at such a low price.

Libby is having lightly smoked salmon (Yuk) baked in foil with lemon slices, accompanied by peppers, mushrooms tomatoes and onion, drizzled with virgin olive oil, then roasted.

4 hours ago, AlanHo said:

Greedy pigs - two eggs is quite enough for normal folk.

Our frying pan is much too large for a two egg omelette. We had nothing else with it, so we had an extremely nourishing,and delicious light meal to help with our weight loss.

29 minutes ago, andsome said:

Our frying pan is much too large for a two egg omelette. We had nothing else with it, so we had an extremely nourishing,and delicious light meal to help with our weight loss.

So why not do just one 4 egg omelette and cut it in half. You could pile on just your half lashings of onions. An even better solution for weight loss.

There are only about 79 Calories in an egg, and even a light meal needs to be satisfying. The meal also had a high protein content, so that helped to fill us up. I did have lashings of onion as always, a whole blue one to myself.

I assume there was fat in the frying pan that made the omelette.

Not the most balanced of meals, lacking in carbohydrate or is there a component you are not telling us about - like chips?

Today I'm having fish in parsley & onion sauce with new potatoes and sugar snap peas. Not sure what the fish is yet, awaiting its arrival.

Waiting for the fishmonger to deliver his "catch of the day". It will be, most likely, cod or haddock.

Edit: It's just arrived. Nice piece of cod plus some cooked mussels and a fish pie mix for the freezer.

2 hours ago, -pops- said:

I assume there was fat in the frying pan that made the omelette.

Not the most balanced of meals, lacking in carbohydrate or is there a component you are not telling us about - like chips?

Today I'm having fish in parsley & onion sauce with new potatoes and sugar snap peas. Not sure what the fish is yet, awaiting its arrival.

Very little fat. As I said it was a highly satisfying and calorie light meal. We get more than our fair share of all nutrients. Today it is beer battered haddock fillets with salad. Followed by half a punnet each of strawberries, a fat free yogurt, two clementines and an apple each 

3 hours ago, -pops- said:

Waiting for the fishmonger to deliver his "catch of the day". It will be, most likely, cod or haddock.

Edit: It's just arrived. Nice piece of cod plus some cooked mussels and a fish pie mix for the freezer.

You are most fortunate, even though we live on the edge of a town with 10,000 inhabitants, there is nowhere you can buy fresh fish within 10 miles.

Similarly, we have no greengrocer or butcher within the same distance. 

We have a small Tesco and an even smaller Co-op but neither sell fresh meat or fish, only pre-packaged stuff.

20 hours ago, Boris said:

You are most fortunate, even though we live on the edge of a town with 10,000 inhabitants, there is nowhere you can buy fresh fish within 10 miles.

Similarly, we have no greengrocer or butcher within the same distance. 

We have a small Tesco and an even smaller Co-op but neither sell fresh meat or fish, only pre-packaged stuff.

I live in a tiny village quite near the South Coast (Chichester etc.) where there is a small but very active fishing industry. There is also a small (artisan) smokehouse just outside the village which smokes some of the locally caught fish as well as various items of meat. As a bit of a favour to us locals, the owner of the smokehouse delivers fresh fish as well as his own smoked offerings - he also runs a trout farm and his smoked trout is superb.

Today it's mussels in a garlicky tomato sauce with couscous - written about this previously.

Yesterday was lamb chops with pointy cabbage and sauté potatoes.

Today will be very light, comprising green salad soup and a sandwich.

Green salad soup is made from a potato, onion, garlic and stock base into which is liquidised a packet of supermarket watercress, rocket and spinach salad. The green stuff is added at the last few moments before serving, this is for two reasons - to maintain the fresh flavour of the green stuff and to avoid the soup turning dull or grey which can happen if it's overcooked.

Sandwich is yet to be decided, possibly toasted cheese & ham.

Last night, we had a pre-prepared M&S 'Chinese Favourites' Box (for 2)...  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  ?

The box contained:

Egg Fried Rice; Sweet & Sour Chicken; Beef & Black Bean Sauce; Battered Chicken Breast Pieces with a sweet chilli sauce; Vegetable Chow Mein and 4 Vegetable Spring Rolls.

Special offers day today: Tesco Lamb Kebabs with Tesco Parmentier Potatoes and broccoli. All bought on introductory special offers or reduced (broccoli).

Not impressed at all. Oddly lacking in flavour.