What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

7 hours ago, IMTNT said:

Frozen crap or are you or 'Er Indoors still the fine chef that you were in your prime?

I don't understand exactly what you are saying.  We are not prepared to go out for food every day in this age of domestic freezers. Of course the duck legs are FROZEN CRAP as you put it. I dare say that most if not all on here have a freezer and a fridge.  We no longer live in the dark ages. The peas were frozen too, it has long been known that the freshest peas are either picked in your own garden, and eaten with in a couple of hours, or picked on a farm and frozen within two hours.

7 hours ago, andsome said:

I don't understand exactly what you are saying.  We are not prepared to go out for food every day in this age of domestic freezers. Of course the duck legs are FROZEN CRAP as you put it. I dare say that most if not all on here have a freezer and a fridge.  We no longer live in the dark ages. The peas were frozen too, it has long been known that the freshest peas are either picked in your own garden, and eaten with in a couple of hours, or picked on a farm and frozen within two hours.

Besides duck portions in the freezer, we also have chicken portions, sirloin steaks, lamb and pork steaks, battered fish portions, wet fish portions such as salmon and haddock that I have frozen myself. I do hope that this load of additional crap does not upset you too much. Of course we also have frozen vegetables, and also a loaf of bread in case I have not been able to make my own.

I hope that IMTNT doesn’t mind, but more often that not we don’t cook on Saturdays. Tonight we will have crap cheese and onion baps filled with crap sliced turkey, and crap slice’s of onion. Any comments on this crap food are welcome.

Homemade beefburgers and Actifry chips. The burgers are made from 5% fat Aberdeen Angus steak mince seasoned with a modicum of salt. The potatoes used for the chips are Elfie and are cooked in a smidgen of fat - as is the way with an Actifry. The fat used is goose fat

Spaghetti Pomodoro today. The spaghetti is handmade and dried in the wind on the shores of the Adriatic. The tomatoes for the sauce are the San Marzano variety and grown on the slopes of Vesuvius and the cheese is genuine six-year matured Parmesan from Parma (where else?)

(All that apparent nonsense is true - it tells me so on the packaging).