What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

The cod & peas of yesterday were quite nice but I do wish they would put salt into food like they used to. I know it's all this health propaganda from people with nothing better to do but this advice is a total waste of their efforts because all that happens is that the consumer, noticing the lack of salt, then puts their own portion on - most likely a lot more than would have previously put on by the manufacturers. I'm noticing this to an increasing extent in almost every savoury thing I buy.

Today is mussels in tomato sauce with couscous. I'm making it myself so I have full control of the salt content.

8 minutes ago, andsome said:

Quorn

Oh my God he said Quorn, dear me using bad language like that will get your post deleted by the moderators, you know quornography is against forum rules.

I on the other hand will be having stew made with proper feather steak type meat and served with mashed spud & Broccoli.

Too busy with post holiday chores to spend time cooking toaday.

We will be having an utterly delicious M & S butter chicken curry with their starter selection of samosas, onion bhargis etc accompanied by boiled basmati rice and Mango chutney. It has to be without naan or papadoms because we have none in stock and I aint going out for any.

You pay only £10 for two mains and two starters. One of each is more than plenty for us. So we have a fine meal for only £2.50 each person plus of course the minimal cost of the rice and mango chutney.  Hence the main outlay tonight will be the pre-dinner G&T and the wine.

Bacon chops, baked jacket potato with cheese and possibly a fried egg and some veggies, final decision will be made at the appropriate time.

PS home made popadoms are easy, take two slices of bread, put each slice in an individual polythene food bag, place under seat cushion and sit on it for about three hours, then remove from bag and stick in a toaster

Doing a pizza today with a base I made some weeks ago and stuck in the freezer topped with my standard tomato sauce thickened up somewhat by boiling a bit more than usual and that topped with deli 'oddments', sliced yellow pepper, sliced red onion, sprinkled with oregano plus Mozzarella and Pecorino cheese.

Deli 'oddments' are the bits and bobs - salami ends, odd size bits of ham and such like that the shop can't sell at full price and so are given away to OAPs in exchange for a contribution to this weeks charity box (they change it weekly).