What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

On 11/21/2018 at 2:34 PM, -pops- said:

I often buy Bury black pudding from Waitrose - it's the nearest thing I can get to the locally made ones which used to be available in my childhood in Nottinghamshire.

Make sure you get them from the deli counter - the prepacked ones (large diameter, presliced) are not nearly as good.

This oversize problem happens with Morrisons packs of four, but the packs of six smaller ones are great. It may be a week or two before we visit Waitrose again, but I will try them.

Only two of us eating again pops. Tonight it is my bowls club annual dinner. As usual it is in a first class Cantonese restaurant. There is always a steady procession of different dishes brought to the tables, and we all help ourselves. It is always a meal to remember.

9 hours ago, andsome said:

Only two of us eating again pops. Tonight it is my bowls club annual dinner. As usual it is in a first class Cantonese restaurant. There is always a steady procession of different dishes brought to the tables, and we all help ourselves. It is always a meal to remember.

I wonder if it was the peninsular restaurant - we have had some splendid meals there

1 chinky.JPG

I still regularly have corned beef hash fried with onions.  I prefer the tinned Princes Lean Corned Beef because it is more meaty and lower fat than most brands.

My wife enjoys it too - but doesn't enjoy the smell it leaves in the kitchen, despite having the cooker hood extractor on full blast, when I cook it until it is on the verge of smoking to get it dry and slightly crisp.

Tonight we are having an M&S steak pie with veggies and lots of gravy.  It makes a change from a roast dinner.

Had lunch in Shrewsbury today with family. Our oldest granddaughter has taken a job with Water aid as a fundraiser , and we all attended a money raising event in the town. We went to a small cafe doing all sorts of unusual meals. I had a lentil Dahl with other bits and pieces. Very tasty.

Been a bit busy elsewhere in the last couple of days so, to catch up:

The fish fingers were surprisingly good. Nothing like the Bird's Eye type at all but comprised quite large strips of fish (real fish, not a minced mush) with a small amount of a quite good crumb.

Tuesday I made the meatloaf mix (detailed elsewhere) and made it into meatballs. There was enough to two days so, Tuesday it was spaghetti and meatballs, yesterday meatballs in a rich gravy with mash and purple sprouting broccoli.

Today is corned beef pie (got a thing about corned beef ATM).