What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

1 hour ago, -pops- said:

Mussels in a tomato sauce with chilli & onion couscous.

That would be a nightmare for me - I am allergic to mussels for some strange reason. Prawns, lobsters and crayfish are fine - it's just mussels. 

I am having 2 boiled eggs tonight with toast soldiers.  I don't feel like eating much today.

I know someone allergic to mussels as well as cockles, oysters and razor shell fish but, like you, OK with prawns, lobsters, crayfish and winkles/whelks and such.

I am OK with all of them but I don't like winkles or whelks (too chewy).

AKA Housing sauce because of its remarkable properties as a wood preservative, super for making cheap pine doors look like mahogany. Also turns them into a light snack if you get peckish as you can give them a lick.

PS please note don't confuse it with creosote as licking anything painted with creosote is more than a bit yucky. It also doesn't do anything for duck if poured on it.

I had a 2 whisked friend egg sandwich on toasted Waitrose oat bread. 

Take two eggs, break them into a glass Pyrex jug and whisk until almost frothy 

I had to cover the smoke alarm to cook it.  I fry it in a pan with sunflower oil. So hot it has started smoking. Pour in the egg, and cook both sides until crisp and deep golden brown.  It's like a well over-done plain omelette but charred on each side. Delicious with a sprinkle of salt.

The only downside is the house stinks of fried egg for a few days afterwards.