What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

Pizza today. Homemade with my own tomato sauce cooked a bit more than usual to thicken it then topped with red and yellow peppers, mozzarella, finely sliced onion, anchovies, Polish sausage and Pecorino shavings.

Saw a can of Napolina cooked barley in Tesco the other day. I was intrigued and bought one.

There was a recipe on said can for a vegetarian stew which looked interesting so, that's what's on the menu today. It comprises chopped tomatoes, leeks, onions, garlic, chilli, barley, butter beans, parsley and S&P.

If it's any good, I'll post details.

Edit:

It was quite nice but not nice enough to post further details of its construction. If you're interested enough, have a look at a tin of Napolina Barley in Tesco (I'm pretty sure it is available from other shops as well).

There is enough for today as well. I thought it a bit lacking in meat do I'm introducing some sliced Polish sausage into it today and having it with a bread roll.

1 minute ago, -pops- said:

Cauliflower cheese with crispy bacon bits. The bacon is pancetta- just about the only bacon that will go crisp these days and not produce loads of white ectoplasm.

You need to come to our small local butchers where the thin cut dry cured lightly smoked streaky bacon is superb.  It reminds me of being back in America.

Pasta vongole- once again I've not decided on the pasta to have. Traditionally it's spaghetti but that combination is not all that easy to eat without getting into a mess and leaving all the cockles behind.