Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
morty

I Love Reading .... Fan fiction

Recommended Posts

Not classics, not Dickens or Shakespeare but ... fan fiction ( some of which is second rate crappy) but incredibly good fun to read.

There's heaps online. Star Trek, UFO .. you name it and there'll probably be some to be found.

 

I'm currently wading through Voyage to the Bottom of the sea ( remember that oldie!) .. after finding a load of Blakes 7.

The good thing is you can download some as Mobi files and stick them on your Kindle ( which I do) . Some of the writing is really good with lively plots.

The bad thing is ... Blake and Avon never ever had the hots for each other so  I skip over some of the more raunchy and explicitly graphic cuddle-ups. 

 

Gee, I'm like a kid in a sweetshop. Spoilt for choice.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blake & Avon ??

Blake hard to say as most of the time he wasn't there, Avon well he only ever really fancied Avon with a slight kinky admiration for Servalan, Which to be honest was quite understandable. (The hot dictator thing that is not the overt Narcissism.)

Quote

remember that oldie!

Hell yes, why has nobody built the flying sub ?

sub5.jpg

The world needs a flying submarine !!!

Oh the joys of being young in the days of all those Irwin Allen productions :Time Tunnel, Land Of The Giants and Lost In Space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Belatucadrus said:

Blake hard to say as most of the time he wasn't there, Avon well he only ever really fancied Avon with a slight kinky admiration for Servalan, Which to be honest was quite understandable. (The hot dictator thing that is not the overt Narcissism.)

I haven't a clue what you are talking about. Is it anything to do with "Avon calling" - management regularly buys beauty products from them. It's a con.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, morty said:

Not classics, not Dickens or Shakespeare but ... fan fiction ( some of which is second rate crappy) but incredibly good fun to read.

I love reading too.

...Mostly fiction based on historical fact.  I find the Tudor period particularly interesting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a fan of Ian Rankin, Lee Child, James Herbert,Stephen Kings older books, he has become too Americanised in his language these days, and I don't know what he is on about at times. I also like Douglas Adams and Bill Bryson. I periodically re-read Bram Stokers Dracula.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, andsome said:

I am a fan of Ian Rankin, Lee Child, James Herbert,Stephen Kings older books, he has become too Americanised in his language these days, and I don't know what he is on about at times. I also like Douglas Adams and Bill Bryson. I periodically re-read Bram Stokers Dracula.

Get them teeth filed down andsome :laugh: you'll cut yourself when using them to slice open tins.

 

Stephen King ... done some great stuff. I loved Shawshank Redemption, Misery and the Green Mile film adaptations.

But some of his stuff is really weird and off the wall at times and I can't stay with it.

James Herbert .. another good horror writer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Belatucadrus said:

Blake & Avon ??

Blake hard to say as most of the time he wasn't there, Avon well he only ever really fancied Avon with a slight kinky admiration for Servalan, Which to be honest was quite understandable. (The hot dictator thing that is not the overt Narcissism.)

Hell yes, why has nobody built the flying sub ?

sub5.jpg

The world needs a flying submarine !!!

Oh the joys of being young in the days of all those Irwin Allen productions :Time Tunnel, Land Of The Giants and Lost In Space. 

:blush: I used to fancy the pants off Avon something rotten when I was a wee teeny.

 

You've got me reminiscing now ... ah, Time Tunnel ... Mission Impossible .. Danger Man.

It's all coming back. They just don't make them like that anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, morty said:

Get them teeth filed down andsome :laugh: you'll cut yourself when using them to slice open tins.

 

Stephen King ... done some great stuff. I loved Shawshank Redemption, Misery and the Green Mile film adaptations.

But some of his stuff is really weird and off the wall at times and I can't stay with it.

James Herbert .. another good horror writer.

This is what I mean. The ones you mentioned are great,so was ‘The witches of Salem’. But as you say,some of his modern stuff is weird and I don’t know what he is getting at. Too much American slang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Irene said:

I love reading too.

...Mostly fiction based on historical fact.  I find the Tudor period particularly interesting.  

Me too .. love historical novels... and me too, I love the Tudors best.

Do you like Scottish history as much as English Tudor?

The best books I ever read for historical detail ( and accurate detail) along with a good political plot, plus adventure and the obligatory dashing hero who suffers and is a bit of a misunderstood bad lad were ..

The Lymond Sagas by Dorothy Dunnett. (A series of 6 novels which makes a fabulous read to get your teeth into. I stayed up at night totally engrossed)

Because of the Scottish element with Mary in exile , you get a good snapshot of French, English and Scottish history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, andsome said:

This is what I mean. The ones you mentioned are great,so was ‘The witches of Salem’. But as you say,some of his modern stuff is weird and I don’t know what he is getting at. Too much American slang.

I got flummoxed with those that had clowns in.

 

Now James Herbert .. I thoroughly enjoyed The Rats, The Fog and The Survivor .. though the film adaption of the last one was nothing like the book at all.

As a rule I find films never measure up to books anyway. Once your own imagination has coloured in the characters films are a letdown and pale in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention Dean Koontz. I also forgot Cugo under Stephen King, or was it Kujo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding my new avatar,it is Er indoors. Last night the door bell went. She answered it and came back in with a bloke in a black cape. He stared hard at me and I don’t remember any more until I woke up and she looked like that. I asked what had happened,and she said that he stared at her at the door and she felt compelled to ask him in. after I had gone to sleep,she  said that he said that if she would let him nibble her neck,he would give her permanent youth,and that’s how she looks now. 

Honest guv,it’s the troof. :hi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AlanHo said:

Don't sleep with her andsome - those teeth could wreak havoc on your sensitive bits.

 

I am a masochist,what a way to die.:hi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, morty said:

Me too .. love historical novels... and me too, I love the Tudors best.

Do you like Scottish history as much as English Tudor?

The best books I ever read for historical detail ( and accurate detail) along with a good political plot, plus adventure and the obligatory dashing hero who suffers and is a bit of a misunderstood bad lad were ..

The Lymond Sagas by Dorothy Dunnett. (A series of 6 novels which makes a fabulous read to get your teeth into. I stayed up at night totally engrossed)

Because of the Scottish element with Mary in exile , you get a good snapshot of French, English and Scottish history.

Certainly do!  Have you ever read the Outlander Series of books by Diana Gabaldon?

 

I love them.  There has been an Outlander series on More4 TV, based on the books.  I understand that series 2 is to follow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the Outlander books, no .... but I have read some of hers. I like her.

I read The Lord John books.

I rather enjoyed them. They were a right good rollicking romp though, sadly, as I rather liked the hero ... :huh: ..he was gay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, morty said:

The Lord John books.

Yes, they are part of the book series.  :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy