Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
coddy200

Windows Live Mail problem

Hello there,

Im using windows live mail since 2 years. Recetly I have met a problem with that, is while opening the messenger it is showing the error "You are currently offline, would you like to go online now? "

If I click YES, then again the below message is displaying ---

There was an error when attempting to connect to the Windows Live Calendar service. If the error persists, check to see if there's an upgrade of Windows Live Mail available or contact a service representative.

Can anyone out there to help me in this regard? Im using windows 7 proffessional.

Thanks in advance.

I can’t remember, but can you uninstall it, clear out remnants in the registry, then reinstall it? If not try Thunderbird. 

Further to andsome's replies above -

Microsoft announced that Outlook.com was discontinuing support for Windows Live Mail during 2016 by dropping support for the DeltaSync protocol.

Their Mail app (bundled with Windows 10, available in Windows Store) is a replacement for it.

Microsoft's Windows Live Mail 2011 and 2012 continue to work with Hotmail e-mail accounts by using IMAP (or, less effectively, POP) in place of DeltaSync. 

Gmail and other service providers still support DeltaSync, so users can still use Windows Live Mail with non-Microsoft email accounts.

Windows Essentials 2012, including Windows Live Mail 2012, reached end of support on 10 January 2017.

I find that Linux Mint is every bit as good as Windows, and in most areas is better.