Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sana John

How do I break or divide an oversized PST file into multiple parts?

I have Outlook 2007 and it's work fine but the .pst file is became so large and i just want to split it but unable to do it .so can you suggest me any alternate method ?

I keep it small by creating a new pst file at the end of each year and transferring all the current year's files to it.  

For example :-

Archive 2016

Archive 2017

Archive 2018

I can then back up just the current year's files as the year goes by to minimise back-up and restore times.

It is easy to open a particular archive file in Outlook to review an old post when needed.

I worry about splitting and rejoining large files - I have been the victim of a few disasters.

Most of what I contribute here is utter rubbish, so I do not worry about it.😪

There is no such tool, you can load the pst to outlook and archive the mails in individual, smaller pst's.

Regards,
Akshay