Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
AlanHo

Image Posting

I have mentioned this before - but am getting frustrated by a problem on this forum.

On every other forum I have ever used, I have been able to post images using the standard BB code

For example :-

[!mg]https://i.imgur.com/Rp6hhy0.jpg[/!mg]

(I have substitute [!mg] for [img} because other wise it appears in the post as follows instead of the image 

https://i.imgur.com/Rp6hhy0.jpg[/img]

On this forum it is flaky - and more often than not refuses to work. Hence I have to resort to the longer route by posting a URL via the more tortuous "Insert Other Media > Insert Image via URL > paste the URL > Insert Into Post" route. 

This is OK when I want to post only one image - but if I want to post several images interspersed with text, it is very laborious. Hence it puts me off posting anything containing more than one image on this forum.

For other forums I can use Word to construct a page which contains text and several BB coded images  - then copy the whole page and paste it in one go in a new post on the form.

Is there some reason why this forum does not allow this - if so I would love to know why.  Or is it just the case of Admin hitting a switch in the control room to get it to work and thus release my frustration.

5 hours ago, andsome said:

You haven't posted an image - instead a link to a website.

I need to post images hosted on IMGUR or other image hosting sites so the picture is immediately displayed in the post on the forum. I appreciate you tried to help - but that does not resolve the issue

36 minutes ago, AlanHo said:

You haven't posted an image - instead a link to a website.

I need to post images hosted on IMGUR or other image hosting sites so the picture is immediately displayed in the post on the forum. I appreciate you tried to help - but that does not resolve the issue

We are away from home at present, and I am using my i pad. I can copy and paste a picture direct on my desk top.

So can I - but it still doesn't solve my problem of being able to post BB code images embedded in a document between paragraphs of text which is copied and pasted into a post.

If the total file size of images in a document pasted in exceeds 0.2 Mb - it will not post the images - unless they are BB coded.

As you know - I post my daily jokes and pictures in 3 forums each day (It used to be 4 forums but I resigned from one of them}.  I have a bumper fun book in which I save material for use - the images being stored as a URL in BB code from a hosting site. I simply select one and then cut and paste it into each forum - except that I have to use the convoluted "insert other media" route for this forum and delete the BB code brackets for it to work. 

image.png

The evolution of man with a brain the size of a planet and an ego to match..

image.png

With such intelligence I am entitled to have an ego. :hi:

You are right - you really are one of the most self-proclaimed intelligent guys I know of. Even slightly better than Trump.

11 hours ago, AlanHo said:

You are right - you really are one of the most self-proclaimed intelligent guys I know of. Even slightly better than Trump.

Everyone knows that this is a true statement. I also still have my youthful good looks.

I have solved my problem with posting images on the forum using BB Code

It is because my Bumper Fun Book, which contains my stock of cartoons, images, gifs and jokes, is saved in a Word file from where I cut and paste the code into the forum.

I should have twigged that this might be the problem because when I cut and paste text from a Word file into the forum, the format sometimes changes in the post. Extra blank lines appear or spaces between paragraphs are deleted and I have to go back and edit the post.

All the images I posted today were done using BB code without a problem - by the simple ploy of posting the BB code as plain text.

I'm chuffed.

41 minutes ago, AlanHo said:

I'm chuffed

Well done, Alan...  I am delighted to hear it.   👍 👏  😉