Here’s one for pops

andsome

I do like this...

In fact, I have just realised for the first time in my life, that I thoroughly enjoy the sound of strings.  

However, I already know that I like the sound of sax and clarinet.  My father-in-law was a classically trained musician who played in various orchestra’s - one of which was the RAF.  When he was demobbed from the RAF, his interest lay more in the dance band music, which he persued for the rest of his life.  

2 hours ago, Irene said:

I do like this...

In fact, I have just realised for the first time in my life, that I thoroughly enjoy the sound of strings.  

However, I already know that I like the sound of sax and clarinet.  My father-in-law was a classically trained musician who played in various orchestra’s - one of which was the RAF.  When he was demobbed from the RAF, his interest lay more in the dance band music, which he persued for the rest of his life.  

I love the dance music of the late thirties to the early to mid forties, especially the famous big bands.

One of the other aspects of Wagner's talent which shows he wasn't all loud and bombastic - even so, he couldn't manage without tiny a contribution from the horns.

How about this?

Or this - the finale of Parsifal - some stunning visuals here:

17 minutes ago, -pops- said:

I thought he would be decomposing.

(The person on the header of your She Bangs link looks like that so-called comedian Bill Bailey.)

Agreed, and he is useless as a comedian. 

• 3 weeks later...