Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
johnoo

No Problems?

Great to see that members are not reporting problems perhaps due to better technology & also expertise of members.

But are the Moderators looking at ways of changing/enhancing this great old forum to keep interest alive?

1 hour ago, johnoo said:

are the Moderators looking at ways of changing/enhancing this great old forum to keep interest alive?

No, the phrase flogging a dead horse comes to mind. This is now officially the Norwegian blue parrot of Internet forums. Bereft of life it rests in piece, it's shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-FORUM ! 

If nobody posts new problems ...................................... we can't reply/solve them :sad:

Even though there are no new problems, there are (currently) 10 guests reading the topics already posted.

I have a long way to walk and also a long way back.........it all depends

We of the older orders  are not as young as the older "olders" used to be, when they were younger than we who were (and still  are) slightly older.

It is of little importance until something arises to that is important to the "olders". But the youngsters are simply "all agog! " by late afternoon on every Thursday after 3 p.m.

I have talked to one or two people,  who wish for change in size, but sadly I can not advise them, since I am bound by the promise to ignore all passing handcarts and ladys with excessive wobbles.

I also look in regularly and prune the never-ending flow of rubbish members that plague all forums (as I know the other moderators do).

There is a problem with the whole forum format. It cannot compete with the so-called social media platforms and is regarded by many as being as modern as Noah and his Ark. Coupled with the fact that the whole raison d'être of Windows Forum is effectively obsolete doesn't offer much hope that anything can be resurrected.

Sad? Perhaps but things must move on.

"Coupled with the fact that the whole raison d'être of Windows Forum is effectively obsolete . . . . . . ."

I suspect Windows Forum  is  just approaching it's "Zenith", which, suitably treated, could carry on for at least another  year or two (should we all be spared!)

Do you treat zeniths with nadir ointment?

On 2/23/2019 at 7:42 AM, -pops- said:

Do you treat zeniths with nadir ointment?

That is a very interesting  question, pops,

The current amount of zeniths "used up" (and/or " lost & not found") has increased amazingly since the introduction of early closing in all the  shops and takeaways that do not permit zenith servicing more than 4 hours (after six o.clock p.m. on Wednesdays.)

This does not seem to have affected

It is now too late to save any of the nadir ointment. I must try to find a good substitute.

The quest for nadir ointment is not having the enormous success that was expected. This has led to a need to refine the home guards, and re assess Mrs. Sutcliffe's Biceps.

It has been known for quite a while that she uses Eritrean lard for tuning her Pit Bull-terrier before rolling it up and put it in the cupboard for the winter.

10 hours ago, catgate said:

This has led to a need to refine the home guards, and re assess Mrs. Sutcliffe's Biceps.

Is she by any chance related to Mrs Slocombe of changing hair colour and her famous feline partner?

I have tried to find the answer to your question in vain.

I also tried to find out if Atoms were edible, (particularly after 9.0 p.m.)