Look at this site for me

expertec

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been back for another look madboy and on the home page I see 3 paragraphs of text but the 3rd. one is unreadable except for the word "Mail us" which is in a different colour.

"About us" and "Events" both pages have the bottom 2 lines of text covered by the black window with flash objects in. :(

Honest opinions and criticisms is exactly what I need, I'll look at all the coments a bit later, this is the first site I've ever BTW, I've never used FrontPage before either :rolleyes:

I didn't take most of the photos, but I will try to re-shoot them :ph34r:

Well done expertec. It's not easy to listen to someone criticise your work but you've taken it well.

I have yet to do a site, haven't got a clue where to start. I have "Frontpage" so will have a go later this year when I have some time to spare. Hope my first attempt is as good as yours. :)

I have redesigned the site some, the pictures page isn't working right now, but I will be building a new one soon. I tested the site in Mozilla and Konquerer web browsers and it displayed OK :)

To save you scrolling up the page again heres a link http://www.zarzircrafts.co.uk or click the www button under my post

p.s. madboy you're right, frontpage is fun :)

Massive improvement expertec. Looks really professional now :) Just need some better photo's and your on your way! :)

[EDIT] There is so much difference from the first site you did to the second attempt that it appears you have gone from a beginner to advanced level overnight. B)

[EDIT] There is so much difference from the first site you did to the second attempt that it appears you have gone from a beginner to advanced level overnight.  B)

That's about right, I looked at how to use frames late last night and then built some this morning :D

When I've got some better photos, the gallery page will be re-designed as well.

Do you think the start page looks a little empty though? :unsure:

Wow what an improvement

I would personally move away from templates as you can gain more knowledge from "starting from scratch"

In the "pricing" page the font is massive, why not have all the prices laid out neatly so you dont have to scroll down?

Also there are a couple of "broken links" in the gallery section, the two photos to the right do not open and blueyonder reports "page not found". Did you auto thumbnail? or put the small pictures in your self then the large ones?

Djohn

I just checked the website at work that i made for my friend, you are right some of the writing is overlapping, which is weird, i think it is the .GIF banner that may be interfering!

Wow what an improvement

I would personally move away from templates as you can gain more knowledge from "starting from scratch"
OK, but when you started building websites, did you never use templates?

In the "pricing" page the font is massive, why not have all the prices laid out neatly so you dont have to scroll down?
Will do :)

Also there are a couple of "broken links" in the gallery section, the two photos to the right do not open and blueyonder reports "page not found". Did you auto thumbnail? or put the small pictures in your self then the large ones?
I know about the problem with the gallery, I posted that already, but I am redesigning the gallery page, the new one should work OK

OK, but when you started building websites, did you never use templates?

Yes i did

But realised that templates have so much bad code in them, which takes pages to load slower, so i went to design rather quickly. I was on dial up at the time and pages load awfully slow with dial up. You have to rememeber that not everyone is on Broadband.

expertec

Looks better seamless like that

Why did you change the gallery like that? There is now a huge picture there, which will take ages to load on dial up. I would stick to the thumbnail images first and if anyone is interested in that design then they can click on it to see the big picture.

remember the longer the page takes to load the more off putting and people may only visit once and then not come back

When you say "laid out neatly", how do you mean? do you think I should have the sections as collapsible lists, or have the four sectionsin the four corners or what?