Telewest 50% Faster

madboy33

Hi all telewest are upgrading all services by 50% from May http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/get...page=bbs_faster

Not quite all ?

50% faster Terms and Conditions

The 50% speed increase applies to downstream bandwidth speeds only.

Upstream bandwidth speeds will remain at current levels -

128k for 512k service & 256k for other services.

The downstream bandwidth for the 512k service will be upgraded to 768k.

Downstream bandwidth speeds for 1Mb and 2Mb services will be upgraded to 1.5Mbps and 3Mbps respectively.

The blueyonder 256k service bandwidth speed will not be upgraded.

Due to technical limitations, an upgrade will not apply to 1Mb customers receiving service via a TV set-top box.

Please see www.blueyonder.co.uk/faster for more details.

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/get...age=bbs_tsandcs

• 2 weeks later...
You might not have got yours yet. My internet is faster and when I ran the speed test (version 3 with support for BY's new services click here) the speed was higher than the previous limit :)

Thanks for the link. It looks like the best speed test yet. Mine is still just below the 600K mark on a first test, but I don't think NTL have upgraded just yet. No problems were recorded except a small packet loss to ONE server only, (2%), so I won't worry about that for a day or two, it may be their problem not mine.