\\X is not accessible...

ali

I have conneced 10 computers in a network without using any domain and all computers have windows XP installed. I am able to browse 8 computers but for 2 computers I get an error that

"\\Computer is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resouce. Contact the adminitrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

Can anyone help me that why I am getting this error only in 2 computers. The image of error is also attached.

Thanks in advance.

post-1302-1095743159_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ali,

You said you're not using a Domain, but the Workgroup names still have to match among all the computers involved. Let me know if you need help on where to find that information.

Also, do you use the same username on all PC's? Does that username have administrative rights on all PC's? (In a company situation, I recommend against this!).

When you say Browse, I assume you mean through My Network Places?

Can you browse by going to Start, Run, and typing \\computername\c$ (this should only work if you have administrative rights on the local machine)?

Can you browse by going to Start, Rin and typing \\ip-address\c$?

Sincerely,