'Days of Penitence'

moon

'Days of Penitence' is the codename given to Israel's next mass armoured attacks in the Gaza strip. During last night's US Presidential debate both Kerry and Bush stated that the war in Iraq had helped 'make Israel safer'. Personally, I object to my countrymen being put at risk to make Israel safer. I hope John Howard gets tarred and feathered out of office.

'Ambush'

The two are members of Christian Peacemaker Teams - a group that monitors conflict between Israelis and Palestinians in the Hebron area.

Whilst recovering in an Israeli hospital in Beersheba, Chris Brown told BBC News Online it had been "was an ambush - a premeditated attack".

"They threw a stone at my head which knocked me over and then whipped me with chains," Mr Brown said.

He said that Ms Lamberty had her passport, mobile phone and money stolen by the settlers.

He also said that harassment of Christian volunteers working with Palestinians in the area is common.

"They normally throw stones at us or fire their guns over our heads - but this is the most vicious assault so far."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3701036.stm