Are there any FREE FTP progs out-there?

Guest Damo

Ive just finished my evaluation period with cuteFTP and want to know if there are any free uns out there?

Preferably with an interface the same as cutes?

Cheers

Damo

Yea of course :D

WS_FTP - Perhaps the most popular FTP package. It combines speed of use with reliability. Despite what many magazine reviews say, we have never had any problems with this nifty package. File extensions are shown and not the icon picture, which can be annoying at times, but it works. After transferring, a log is kept so you can see if an error occurs and what the problem was.

SmartFTP - Those people familiar with Microsoft Windows will find SmartFTP one of the Net's most user-friendly FTP programs. It has a great "Internet Explorer style" interface and packs plenty of features that will satisfy even experienced users. The current version includes the ability to run multiple connections has proxy/firewall support, CHMOD, file transfer types and drag & drop tools.

Hmmm there was Leech FTP too but i just found this....

The King is Dead, Long Live the King!

Bad News first: The development of LeechFTP has not been continued for over a year now and I don't think there will ever be a new release of LeechFTP! But this is no reason to be disappointed... read on!

Over the last few month I have worked on the successor of LeechFTP, called BitBeamer. BitBeamer will incorporate all of LeechFTP's features, in fact large parts of the ftp engine are based on the code of LeechFTP. But it also offers a lot new features, BitBeamer was designed to handle most if not all of your Internet file transfer needs. Get a first impression at the new BitBeamer Web Site, it's still under development and offers only a preview of the new software, as it's not yet ready for release.

But anyway heres link for old version of Leech FTP