Need help with router setup

edmccrory

Here is a simple one, but since I don't understand all I should know about networks, I need help.

I am trying to set up forwarding on a Belkin wireless router attached with a DSL Internet connection to a computer which will be acessed as a remote.

The master computer uses an identical setup.

I have followed the instructions for the Belkin rounter forwarding setup but obviously do not have the proper IP address for the remote. I used the private IP which the router assigns to the computer.

What should the IP address be that will allow access to the computer through the router firewall?

Thanks for your help

Ed

Ted, thanks very much for the clarification - this is clear and I understand what you are saying.

The only problem that I see now is that I have used the Gateway address in the virtual server setup for the Belkin router and it didn't work. I will go though the process again just to make sure.

Thanks for your help

Ed