dns server on the active directory

hellron

i have two servers i have to run my dsl modem on one cause it wont run on the other even thought there both proliant 3000 running 2003 server, thats not the problem, im running a domain with the controller on the non net machine and want to run IAS on the net machine but i cant get the DNS server to work, when i made the DC machine i installed DNS on it then set up all the machines on the domain and it was fine but ive started to realise everything is not fine, all the computers on the network dont really log into the domain they all get (except mine for some reason) the 1057 error cant find the domain controller. if someone could tell me how to set the dns server wether i need one on both machines etc that would be great. i assume they once worked cause im running kerio winroutefirewall and in the first install it authenticated web pages via the active directory but install another proxy and then kerio again and now it doesnt work it cant find the passwords so stops people from using the web.

long winded and boring i know but im desperate!

Hellron,

Do you have 2 NIC's on the machine that's connecting to the DSL? One NIC for the Internet, and the other for your LAN?

Do an ipconfig /all at the command prompt on one of the machines that can't find the Domain Controller. What's listed there as the DNS Servers? Are they correct?

Your DHCP Server should be telling the PC's where the DNS Server is. Please make sure that's set up.